A Sharingan

Naruto

"Ah! Why didn't somebody wake me up!?" Naruto's voice echoes through the room like a screeching sea bird.

"No way! They forgot to wake me up!" He shoots up out of bed and goes crashing downstairs. He looks around, and he sees Tsunami preparing breakfast for them.

"Where are they?" Naruto half-shouted that his Sensei had ditched him.

Tsunami stopped cutting the fish when she turned her head to Naruto. "Your sensei told me to let you sleep since you were tired", she explained kindly, smiling at the redhead. Naruto sighed in annoyance and just decided to leave before something could happen. He quickly wears his sandals and goes to the front of the door.

"See ya!" Naruto waves to Tsunami

Naruto takes off on the trees, and he observes ahead for anything out of the ordinary.

As he leaps through the trees, it becomes evident that Naruto's heavy training has paid off. He picks up the pace a little, his eyes flicking around as though searching for something.

Then, his eyes focus on something down on the ground. "Whoa, hey, what's that!?"

He frowned, crouching down to examine the deep wounds. Naruto glances up, and there are similar marks on the surrounding trees. "The same weapon made those marks." He murmured under his breath.

His gaze hardens, the gears in his brain working now that the cobwebs are gone. "They...lead back towards the house."

"Could it be...did Gato send thugs to take out Tazuna's family!?"

The House

Back at the house, from outside, Tsunami's voice could be heard, "Inari, could you give me a hand here?! Inari?!"

"Be right there, Mother," Inari's voice was heard! Behind the house, two men approached the dwelling; one was tall, one short, the tall one was shirtless, with bandages circling his abdominals and a hakama on his lower half. He had tattoos all over his torso, had scars on his face, and an eyepatch over his right eye.

The short one still had both eyes, which never seemed to blink, two long teardrop tattoos directly below his eyes, and he was entirely covered from head to toe. They both carried swords that they seemed to like using if the sparkle in their eyes were any indication.

The wall and door were suddenly cut apart from the outside. The tall one, the more homicidal one, apparently did the cutting; such a waste of energy came to a stray thought from Naruto. Tsunami turned, looking frightened, and cringed back from the men entering her home through the wall. The short one, the one in charge, spoke first, "So, you're Tazuna's daughter," he guessed, "you'll have to come with us, now."

There was a crash, and Inari entered the room, "Mother!"

"No," Tsunami yells, voice full of panic, "don't come out here! Runaway, hurry!"

"Don't move," the tall one yelled, then turned to his companion, "should we grab this one too?"

"No, Gato asked for just one hostage," the short one stated; he was definitely in charge.

The tall one was happy with this news, turning toward Inari, pulling his sword up, about to draw, "Alright, then let's waste him!".

Inari felt his heart beating on his throat like a bell nonstop, his hands trembling like a leaf, his throat felt dry like a desert. Would this be his end? He found himself asking. But then he remembered the promise he had made to his father and Naruto.