The War of Two Suns

Roku, you know they won't accept your suggestion? A voice suddenly spoke in Roku's head; he hesitated for a moment before he nodded his head in agreement.

"I know Ānogar, I feel it too, but I will give them one chance," he said, trying to convince him; he moved around in his bed, Roku felt tired, yet he couldn't sleep. He left out a sad sigh, and he was lying on his back looking up at the night sky; despite being in a tent, the top of the tent was open to looking at the beautiful sky, which always helped him think. I hope you're well, little brother, Roku though tired of War. This wasn't the first time he had fought; he had fought many battles and wars, but not once he fought any of them for his gain; War had no victories, only Loss.

It had been many years since the last time he saw his little brother; now, he had his own clan to look after. Senju Clan.

Roku missed his sister more than anyone else; the god took her from him, the sickness had killed her, he had tried so hard to help her, but in the end, he needed to accept it and live the rest of his life.

No reason to dwell on the past; the past is written, the ink is Dry. Now you need to sleep, Ānogar spoke on his head. The seal of Phoenix shines red whenever the Phoenix speaks.

Roku kept silent, his eyes closed, a tear slowly rolled down his cheek as he imagined her being alive; he had been alive for 141 years now, he was still alive while his youngest son died of Lung sickness, but yet here he still stood.

Won't do any good to think of death Roku, we never know what the future will bring us, Ānogar spoke.

Roku spoke nothing and just let himself fall asleep, no point in dwelling about the past. Anymore.

"Ānogar had been the Phoenix chosen for me, once someone signs the Phoenix Contract, they could summon and form a bond with a Phoenix, but only one."

"You can never summon more than one?" Naruto asked, slightly shocked; since he could summon more than one toad with the Toad Contract, he was still looking at the younger Roku lying alone on his bed.

The older Roku shook his head. "No, You will only be able to summon one and never any other Phoenix. Ānogan was the one chosen for me" Roku spoke with a look of melancholy on his face and sadness on his tone.

"Kurama told me that, Heiwa was the Strongest Phoenix", Naruto spoke; he had thought that Roku would have been bonded with Heiwa.

Roku left out a small chuckle and turned his head to look at Naruto. "While that is true, in a way. That's not exactly how Phoenix Contract works," he said and slightly put his hand on his chest. Naruto listened to him with all his attention.

"Is true that Heiwa is the strongest Phoenix, but my son was the only one who was able to summon Him" Roku spoke the word 'him' with respect but with a slight hint of ... fear, as well.

"My son Utari was the one who founded The Contract, and Heiwa saw him as worthy. But Since my son died, there hasn't been a single person who was able to Summon him again," he stated with a calm tone.

Naruto gasped at the new information, "Why is that?" He asked, the question burning on his head like a wildfire.

Roku just shrugged his shoulders, not knowing the answer himself. "It could be for many reasons; perhaps he never found anyone else worthy enough to bond with. Ānogan himself told me once that when my son fell, Heiwa had died too. His red fire had burned for a Year. After Ten Years, Heiwa was reborn again but never bonded with another Uzumaki," Roku said with evident sadness as he remembered when his son had left this world. The very same night, a flash of red light had illuminated the sky like a second sun for a week.