Chapter 21: Soaked

Start from the beginning

"If you mean, Bambi then yeah." But Michelle returns the same attitude.

"Bambi? That nigga who had the fucked up legs?" 

"Yes, and stop talkin bout 'im like that." Michelle gets annoyed and pulls the blankets off of herself. Mich has always been a sensitive soul so imagine how she is now. She could barely stand to hear people call Bambi... Bambi cause of how he got the name.

"Okay okay." He backs off. Seein how that was approved, I join in too.

"Can I bring a date too?" I throw my head to Shawn who he ignored when he came in.

"Uhhhh, I'll think bout that. I'm still tryna-" He bends down closer to us. "get used to 'im bein around."

"Ion get how. He's always been around." I cross my arms at that stupid reason.

"I ain't been around the whole time. Stop talkin back to me like you grown cause I'll say no." He threatens like as if it'll do something.

"And I don't have to go." Truly though I don't want to.

"What's the issue? Huh?" He dramatically asks seeing that his threat doesn't bother me.

"Nothin. I just want to bring my boyfriend with me out to eat with my family."

"Yeah, daddy. Let Shawny go out with us. I mean it's not like your permission matters, cause he's Nana's child. What she says goes. So, this could be a good chance to get to know him, nicely." Michelle says so angelic. 

"Aight." He tsk and leaves my room.

"It took Michelle to get involved for you to go? That's pitiful." I shake my head.

"He just loves me more." Michelle jokes and blows a kiss at me which I laugh at. But you just don't know how right you are.

"Keep dreamin." I stick my tongue out at her.

"Man, I'm so hungry." She climbs out the bed holding her stomach.

"If I was you I'd wait in here for a little bit cause if I'm right the smell of eggs makes you gag?" Shawn hints that food is on the stove.

"Oh, yeah. He loves them, but hates the smell." She smacks her belly like some would do to a ham. Why she so aggressive?

"Aight, chilren, breakfast ready." Nana's voice is loud enough where we can hear her.

"On my way." She waddles to the room. "Don't end up like me." She tells us before leaving us in here by ourselves. Shawn was about to close the door but...

"Uh uh, you two leave that do open." Nana yells from the kitchen and I deflate onto my mattress. Just two minutes? Just two minutes to ourselves.

"Yes ma'am." I say flat.

"Too bad I ain't scared to kiss you while it's open." Shawn holds my cheek to pull me in for kisses but we can't get a moment of peace when...

"Yall nasty." Deon says standing in my door way drinking orange juice.

"Why you say that?" I mean he kiss Coiya unless he heard us last ni-

"Close the door."

"Dumbass, didn't you hear Nana tell us to keep it open? You right by the kitchen."

"Well, since you so smart, shouldn't it be obvious that I didn't?" Tired of his bullshit I throw a pillow at him to kick him out. He just kicks it back in, bucking at me causing some of his juice to spill on his shirt. He mumbles to himself when he walks away.

"Now, that he gone." I slide my hand into Shawn's hair to pull him back. Our lips are just a cm away when...

"Yuck!" Well there's a voice I haven't heard in awhile.