⌈CHAPTER 56 ⎮⎮ DARK ARTS⌋

Mulai dari awal

My entire body was shaking, Anzac rubbed my back trying to calm me but I couldn't, the fact the we needed to do and watch this was inhumane.

To an even bigger surprise, it wasn't Snape that stepped in. It was a man and woman dressed in black, as they walked around scanning us, it finally connected in my head that these were the same two people who barged me with questions as my bags were being checked.

I hoped to God even more that they didn't recognize me at all, I had to remember to exhale as a I breathe.

"All Slytherins." The man spoke, "Good."

"Means we shouldn't have any trouble as we perform this week's lesson." The woman added.

"The Cruciatus Curse."

None of us spoke a word. It seemed like suicide.

"Who will like to go first?"

Silence.

Nothing but silence.

"Okay, let's make it easier." The woman started to scan every one of us, "Classmate against classmate."

She then pulled Lucy and Adaline covered her mouth still trying to be quiet. My heart was beating faster as I looked across and saw the man pull a student from the other side. You could hear the room gasp as it happened. Adaline was grasping my hand even harder.

"Don't forget you must mean it."

My eyes were focused on Lucy not the opponent. She started holding up her wand, her face completely emotionless, eyes growing watery but hard to notice.

Lucy mouthed the words but she couldn't get it out. The the other opponent, a guy shouted in fear, "Crucio!"

Lucy's eyes stayed steadily on him like she finally realized what's going on, not just in the class but everything.

Nothing hit her though. It was exactly what the man had said, you have to mean it.

My heart was racing faster as Lucy now said, "Crucio!"

I wasn't expecting it, it started as loud groans then screams. I stayed focused on Lucy, a tear now dripped down from her eye. For what seemed like only seconds felt like forever. She finally stopped and the room went quiet. Most of the students covered their ears or closed their eyes. Silence didn't last long as the man spoke and the woman chuckled.

"Well done, perfect example!" The entertainment in his voice is what scared me, "Who's next?"

Again, silence along with a very low whispers this time.

By now the class was slowly shrinking, once you finished performing the spell you were good to leave whether you performed it correctly or not. If you forbid yourself, you were punished. Neither sound good and to show fear was not an option during times like this.

There was about eighteen students now, we started with thirty-two. Anzac went sometime after Lucy then Blaise was next right after him. Both performed the spell. However, Anzac and his opponent couldn't get it the first few times, I would say they took the longest. It was torture watching his attempts, every one of my friends had looked lifeless.

It was now me, Adaline and Draco. The three of us stood together, waiting nervously. Except Draco. For once I couldn't read his body, he still appeared intimidating even as he looked at everyone around the room. Then I remembered he's had to seen this before, many times. Imagine being used to something like this, torture.

"Blondie this time." The woman pulled Adaline forward and I wanted to pull her back but I was so scared I couldn't even move.

I knew Adaline was terrified and she tried so hard not to be but a few tears had already fallen down before.