⌈CHAPTER 55 ⎮⎮ ELUDE⌋

Esme Ambrose (POV)

 Another long day of class, it was Thursday and Draco still hasn't came to class. I was hoping to talk, the only time I see him however is after two of my classes. Even if I get the chance I'm not prepared for what I need but also what I want to say.

I've been so occupied with everything else that the fact my birthday was slowly approaching didn't cross my mind, it sure crossed my friend's though. Last year we didn't do anything since my birthday landed on the same day all the 6th years were required to take the practice exam for N.E.W.T.s, definitely not the best birthday. 

Still, I didn't mind it. I knew they would've gone way overboard and that thought makes me nervous.

The most stressful classes I have right now are DADA and potions. Not only am I struggling to write a nine page paper for Snape about the laws and history of the Dark Arts but potions is even harder, I never thought I'd say that. I was in the most advanced class and holding on the lowest A, I knew I shouldn't complain but potions was always my best subject.

I was barely on page four of my paper, I figured being in the library would help me focus more especially having resources in front of me. Turns out it was actually harder to find resources since before Snape became headmaster knowing about the Dark Arts was basically forbidden.

"Esme?" I heard my name dazing me out of my thoughts, "Yes?"

It was Royce greeting me, "Mind if I?"

"Not at all." He took the seat next to me, "Potions?"

"No um DADA." I rolled my eyes, "This paper is just frustrating."

He started looking at each of the books I had grabbed, "Well it must be if you're using these."

"You have better options?" I asked.

He grinned, "I'll be right back."

I gently smiled and waited, however something else was catching my attention. I could ever so slightly hear faint arguing just a few aisles down from me. The only thing that made me get up was hearing Draco's voice. 

"You and all the other whores at this school don't get I don't want anyone," It as Draco whisper shouting.

I stayed just where I could hear perfectly while still not entering the aisle. 

"That's not true and you know it," A weird feeling grew in my stomach hearing Pansy's voice, "You've always-"

"No." Draco sharply whispered, "You've always came on to me."

She chuckled, "So now we're lying?"

"I only came on to one person," I could just picture Draco's anger right now, "That's the only person I want."

It was the last thing I heard before the sound of loud footsteps echoed the aisle. I quickly went back to the aisle I should be in but luckily Royce wasn't there yet, still I sat myself down giving myself a moment to think of what Draco just said. It has to be about me, maybe I wanted it to but it just had to have been.

Why couldn't he say this to me? Or anyone else but Pansy? That's what aggravated me more is he could've at least told our friends rather than someone he hates.

"Esme-" It was the lowest voice I've heard but it sent a feeling of warmth finally hearing him say my name.

"Sorry sorry..." Draco apologized once I looked up, "What are you doing?"

"Nothing," I answered quick, "I mean well just... homework."

He didn't answer or say anything else right away instead just scanned the aisle I was in then took a glance at my neck before saying, "Did you just get here?"