⌈CHAPTER 33 ⎮⎮ UNEASY⌋

*TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF SEDUCTION & GROOMING*

⚠️

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Esme Ambrose (POV)

I woke up tangled next to Draco. He was already awake when I opened my eyes but hadn't noticed I was up. We fell asleep with his arm wrapped around me, still naked. He was stroking my hair while I started to rub his chest making him notice I was awake.

He just looked at me, with no expression. I couldn't tell if he was okay or not. "Are you alright?"

He nodded but still just stared into my eyes, it was as if he wanted to tell me something but couldn't. Draco quickly moved away from me, eventually got off the bed and started putting whatever clothes he had to cover himself.

I stared at him wondering what he was thinking since he started slamming things loud. I got up too, picking my gown up and robe. After I put it on I asked Draco again, "Draco are you-"

"I said I'm fine!" He shouted.

He glared at me, but it still looked like he had fear in his eyes.

"I'm just trying to help..."

"Then get out." He snapped, "Go!"

"What happened?" I could feel the lumps in my throat getting nervous.

"I told you to go!"

"No Draco that's not how things get fixed."

"Fucking hell Esme just get out!" He shouted.

Whatever then, I don't know why he always blew up like this. I left his room slamming the door, but put my ear against it. The other side was quiet for a short time till I heard low cries.

My heart sank.

He was crying...

My stomach dropped hearing him say, "I'm a monster..."

I wanted to go inside but the door had been locked already, maybe it was best to give him space. I already had an idea that he must've had something else going on but I didn't know what it was and I wasn't going to push it more on him. 

I sighed and went to my room to shower. We both woke up kinda late, I wondered if Narcissa was still in the kitchen. I wore a navy blue knitted sweater with black jeans, since it was still cold I put over a beige coat and dark brown boots. I walked alone towards the kitchen, Narcissa wasn't in there so I figured I'll make myself something. 

As I was drinking the tea, I thought about Draco. I did all the time, I cared about him a lot and it was frustrating when he doesn't tell me things even though I should just be patient, right?

I wasn't sure myself anymore. It was hard being with someone when you don't know everything about them and I mean the things that get in the way of whatever relationship we have.

I heard someone coming and so I quickly wiped the tears off my face in case it was Lucius but luckily it was Narcissa and she could tell something was wrong.

"Esme are you okay?" She quickly pulled me into a hug without any hesitation.

I hugged her back tightly, "I'm sorry I'm okay..."

"You can tell me anything dear."

I looked at her trying to smile, "I just... I care about Draco a lot and it's hard to understand him when he doesn't talk to me."