⌈CHAPTER 36 ⎮⎮ COMFORT⌋

*WARNING: SMUT*

💜

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Esme Ambrose (POV)

It wasn't like me to be intimidated especially by someone like Lucius when I could just ask Draco about it. Instead I was starting to jump to conclusions and actually believe what he was saying. Draco hates everyone there's no way he would be interested in someone else.

I was laying down on my bed thinking on how I could ask Draco about tonight but instead he walked in my room and I sat myself up. He seemed okay...

"Hey Esme."

I smiled.

"I have something to do tonight... I don't want you to worry about it but I'll have to leave with my father." 

I nodded, "You guys made plans?"

"It's more something I- we have to do," He stated "Business stuff."

"Mm... business."

He nodded and started walking closer towards me lifting my chin up. I looked directly into his eyes, I trusted him.

"I want you in my room when I come back." He ordered.

"Yes Draco." He planted a kiss on my lips and then we made our way towards the living room. 

Before we entered, I got a quick glance at Narcissa. She was staring at the fireplace and once she heard us it was as if she snapped out of whatever thoughts she was in and greeted us. "Good evening you two."

"Evening!" I exclaimed, from the corner of my eye I saw Draco didn't even look at Narcissa he kept his head down.

"Um here why don't you both sit down and I'll call you when the meal is ready."

"Of course do you need any help?" I offered.

"No no it's okay dear." Narcissa quickly left as Draco and I sat down.

"She seems off don't you think?" I asked.

"Maybe just stressed." 

"Over what?"

"Who knows." He said, "She talks to you out the most."

I sighed, "Do you think you'll ever be ready?"

"For?"

"A relationship..." It just came out.

"Why do you even want that from me?" He said in a harsh tone.

"I just... I want something like that with you."

"You don't alright Esme?" He sat himself up more, "Look at me."

I turned my head meeting his beautiful eyes.

"I can't give you none of that romantic shit you want," He went on, "I'm far from love it's just not something I can or... want to give to anyone."

I could feel my throat tightening up, it was like a small pain in my chest. Draco was certain and always made himself clear he can never have any love in him. However he didn't know that I was starting to love him. Draco wasn't perfect and that's what I loved.

"I understand..." I couldn't tell him the truth and no, I didn't understand why he pushed that thought away.

"You have no clue what you're doing to me."