⌈CHAPTER 56 ⎮⎮ DARK ARTS⌋

Third Person (POV)

Time was not doing anyone any good. Students were now two months into the new school year and all seemed to be changing, for the worse. Everyday felt like the edge just waiting for one person to make it fall completely.

Lucy struggled with her identity. Distance was all she would do, even when all she wanted was love. The friendship love. She loved her friends so much that she knew she needed to be away from them. They were her weakness. If anyone, meaning the Dark Lord found that out, it would kill her.

She hated the mark on her arm. No one knew but everyone had always been scared of her. Lucy was intimidating in the most confident way possible. She still was but the confidence wasn't there. It was her death glare, reminding people that if you dared to even cross her, she will end you.

Blaise noticed this only because he loved Lucy. She was strong, bold and loyal. It was her loyalty that first captured his attention other than how pretty she is. She held strong loyalty for those who reciprocated it back. Her and Blaise had that. He'd let no one take that away just like she did.

He knew he was in love when he imagined a life with her, countless of times. As much as he wanted that, the place they were in now felt far out of touch.

Anzac wasn't doing the absolute best, but he tried. For being the listener of the group he's always wanted one moment where he gets listened to. Of course, that was Esme but there were certain things he couldn't tell her, like how he's fancied her since they were children. He loves Esme but doesn't know what that love is for her. He loves Draco too and wouldn't do that to him, he thought that's why he could never be with Esme even if he wanted.

He didn't want to lose Esme, in any way. He needed her, that was his best friend and he wanted to be there for her when ever she needed someone. He would be there for her, as a partner or friend. That was the love he had for her.

He also noticed how much he really hated how prejudice people were, he never that of himself that way considering he actually agreed with the whole magic staying with magic folks only just never said it out loud. It troubled him why he'd always stare at the girl from Hufflepuff, he was so intrigued to her. He's told himself countless times to go and talk to her, they had a class together there should be no harm in that. But he wouldn't dare to do the one thing he's always practiced, keeping away from non pureblood people.

Adaline was losing her mind. Not only did she hate being in hell with people she hated. But it was Royce that dangled around her neck. She hated seeing how close he and Esme have gotten after being partners on a project, it's given them the ticket to hangout together more. It wasn't Esme's fault because she didn't know anything. Adaline didn't want to tell her, she knew Esme would do something about it and that was the last thing she wanted knowing Royce could end her life.

She was always told how her looks would get her any man she wanted and it did. Till she met Lucas. That was her safe spot. Even if he was muggle born that's who she wanted. She knew she wasn't supposed to be with someone like him. It would deeply disappoint her family, who were barely holding their status for being purebloods.

Draco stayed away from Esme. It killed him but he fought with himself everyday to stay out of her way. It's came to the point however that he throws insults hoping that it'll even help keep herself away from him, because he knew he didn't know how much longer he could continue to avoid someone this bad. Lucius was still angry that Draco allowed himself to associate with her. He'd go insane measures to make sure Draco is not in her presence anymore, even if that meant telling the Dark Lord about her.

He hated his father for taking away the one person that was there for him, that he was starting to love. But he hated even more how Esme was ignoring him too.