⌈CHAPTER 45 ⎮⎮ QUIET & AVOID⌋

Esme Ambrose (POV)

It's been close to two weeks now and everything grew darker, not just at Hogwarts. No one really seemed to show they were scared, but everything seemed quiet. It was a different type of quietness though and everyone was feeling alone more than ever. Of course some still seemed like they were doing alright but let's face it the whole atmosphere had changed completely compared to previous years.

I was alone most of the time now. Once in awhile I was with my friends and still continued to hangout with Anzac, in secret. Apparently he says Draco would still flip out.

Draco completely avoids me now, I don't see him in class, for breakfast or dinner, the common room, you name it. The only times I see him is when he's passing through the corridors.

It's obvious he was avoiding me. I did try reaching out to him as always but of course he claimed nothing is wrong or that I don't need to worry about it.

I have to admit there were two times last week where we did have sex, that was it though. He was growing more frustrated by the minute.

"Is the paper due tomorrow or today?" Anzac asked.

"Today."

"Shit are you serious?!"

"No Anzac," I laughed, "It's actually due next Monday."

"Merlin don't scare me like that."

"I'm actually happy you care about school more."

"Just a bit, relax." He rolled his eyes.

His parents were being more harder on him. Actually very hard on him, his father threatened him  that he wouldn't get any family inheritance and leave him with nothing, he's expected to be out of their manor once he's done with the 7th year. He was their only child so you'd expect that they be more lovable towards him but no.

If I had to pick between his parents and Draco's, I'd still pick Anzacs' over Lucius Malfoy. They were still in someway good parents I suppose.  

Anzac is smart, but if there was just any little thing to get him out of doing homework or studying, he'll do it.

It was just the two of us eating breakfast. I was focused on the daily prophet when Anzac started coughing loudly. I looked up and his eyes quickly went down.

"I hope I'm not interrupting." Someone said from behind me.

I turned my head and saw Royce.

"Oh hi no you're not." I grinned.

He looked at Anzac then back at me, "Listen I hope I didn't cause any trouble the other day."

I looked confused but after giving thought, "Oh... Oh that- it was nothing don't worry about it."

"I didn't expect Malfoy." He chuckled.

I didn't respond, I looked at Anzac and saw he gave Royce a dirty look but going back to his food.

"So I was hoping if you wanted to be partners for the potions," He continued, "You know the last project that's coming up."

"Yes I know um yeah sure why not?"

"Great... I guess I'll see you later."

I nodded as he left. I turned back to Anzac with a feeling of confusion that I couldn't explain, was the weird? No, no.

"Kingston." He sneered.

"What about him?"

"He's just has... some nerve." He murmured the last part.