⌈CHAPTER 26 ⎮⎮ INVITE⌋

A/N: Hello! I tried really hard on this chapter I hope its alright, in my head it was like a heartwarming moment between the two so yeah... go on and read :)

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Esme Ambrose (POV)

It was Monday and Draco still hasn't spoken to me. I hated this.

I wanted him to at least acknowledge my presence. Instead he just walks right past me and I hate it so much. I can't describe the feeling it gives me.

I waited the whole day in my dorm yesterday thinking that he'll come. Yeah sure, it's only been two days but it hurts more from him because I know he'll never come to me. It's Draco. He means what he says.

Anzac said he'll come around but I know it's just some bullshit to make me feel better. 

 I was in my dorm doing homework, alone. I noticed that dinner was going to start soon, I didn't want to go but knew I had to. I started heading towards the Great Hall. It was only Blaise and Lucy, didn't feel like third wheeling so I sat across from Blaise. 

"Hey Esme you alright?" Blaise asked.

"I'm fine."

"Has he?..." Lucy asked.

I shook my head.

"Bastard!" Lucy murmured.

"Shh! I see him." Blaise said.

I didn't look even though I wanted to. I finally saw him sit in front of me. It annoyed me that he didn't even want to sit by me and would rather third wheel with Blaise and Lucy.

None of us said anything, it was pretty awkward till Anzac came.

"Oi how's everyone feeling?" He called out.

"Same as always." Lucy answered.

"Two more days till we leave I'm fucking happy!" Anzac exclaimed.

"Sucks that we won't see each other." Blaise nudged Draco, "Wish we could've gone to the manor."

"I'll actually be at mine for once," Lucy said.

"What about you?" Anzac nudged me.

I looked up, "Oh um just staying with my parents as always."

"How is that?" Blaise asked.

"It's fine, but they usually don't spend so much time because of the ministry."

"Maybe you can come with me!" Anzac exclaimed, "I don't know what we're doing this year though but you know my parents don't mind having you."

"I would but I know you hardly get to spend time with yours too." I said. "Plus I'd have to ask."

"The offer still stands for you." He threw his arm over me.

I smiled by his comfort.

"Draco?" Blaise nudged him.

I turned and saw that he was glaring at Anzac, he quickly looked back down thinking I didn't notice, "What?"

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing." He took a jab at his food.

It was pretty quiet from there on, we had some conversations come up that Draco didn't take part in. We all noticed that Adaline didn't come to eat. So I'd figure I bring her something back, we always did that with each other. I finished my food and walked back with Anzac. Draco was the first to leave and we all know Blaise and Lucy were probably snogging.