⌈CHAPTER 1 ⎮⎮ LIBRARY⌋

Esme Ambrose (POV)

"I just need one more paragraph and I'll be done before you... again!" I said.

"Still always competing aren't we?" Blaise said.

"Of course isn't fun?" I said looking up at him.

"Sure Esme okay." He said rolling his eyes but still laughing.

Blaise Zabini and I usually study in the library together, I guess because you can say that we are actually always concerned about school unlike the rest of our friends. We've been partners in most of our classes. Ever since first year it would be a game to see who would get the best scores or the first to make a spell work. 

He was a great friend though, even outside of classroom competition. Our families were pretty close and so it has made us become really good friends.

"Well look at that I'm done before you." I said smilingly holding my paper up.

"Congrats you want a reward?" He said sarcastically.

"Yes, it's actually time for dinner now can we please hurry?" I said, packing everything in my bag.

"Didn't even realize." He said and began to pack his books in his bag too.

"I can do it this time." I said putting the books back.

"You sure?" He said.

"Yes." I said.

As I was putting the last few books away, my eyes land on Harry Potter.

I wasn't the closest to Harry but I'd consider us good friends. We got to know each other more during our third year, because he had a tiny crush on me which I thought was cute at the time. This year I have been more closer to him since Voldemort is back. I believe him and so do my parents since they are apart of the order.

I began to walk up to him.

"Hi Harry." I said.

"Esme- I... um hi." He said smilingly nervously.

He looked very tired and just blank, probably wasn't sleeping right.

"How are you doing?" I asked.

"Fine really... you?" He said. 

"I'm good just studying." I said.

"Thats great.." He said.

I probably should've left him alone.

"Yeah... well just left me know if you need anything." I said.

He gave me a nod while smiling, which I returned back and walked back to Blaise.

He handed me my bag once I came to him.

"Thank you." I said

"Come on Esme." He said with a smile.

We began to make our way to the Great Hall. Dinner was the best meal, you can smell all the foods even before you enter. Blaise and I approached the Slytherin table and sat with our group.

"ESMEE!" Lucy practically shouted.

"Lucy I'm right here." I said. 

"How was the library?" Adaline said, fake-gaging the last part.

"Same as always Overed." Blaise said.

I sat next to Lucy while Blaise took a seat next to Adaline.

"Where's Anzac?" I said.

"Haven't seen him." Adaline said.

"Coming in right now." Lucy said.

As a matter of fact he was, along with Malfoy. 

He and I weren't really close, we hardly spoke to each other yet we hang out with the same friends. He calls me a 'blood traitor' and despises that I talk to Harry or anyone outside of Slytherin. It's obvious I'm a target for him.

"What's up everyone." Anzac said and took a seat next to me.

Malfoy sat across from him.

"You look happy... both of you." Said Adaline.

"Too happy." Lucy said. "Let me guess shagged someone?"

"Merlins no Luce! Not yet..." Anzac said laughing. Malfoy smirked.

"Gross!" Adaline said. 

"Look who's talking!" Anzac said.

"You have some nerve Overed, weren't you getting shagged just yesterday?" Malfoy said.

"Oh shut up you both that's none of your business!" Adaline said. 

"Oooo wonder who it is." Lucy said smirking.

Lucy nudged me and I giggled. Adaline wasn't ever really set on a relationship, she always like to have fun with several guys. Lucy was the same way too but she had standards. Actually, both did. Both were some what prejudice towards anyone who wasn't pureblood.

I didn't really care about that, we're all the same.

"Anyways how is Miss Esme Ambrose doing?" Anzac said.

"Just fine." I said smiling back.

Anzac was definitely my best friend out of the group, we knew each other for the longest and he was always protective of me.

"Studying again I see." He said grabbing one of my books.

"With Blaise yes." I said.

"Oooo the two of you just studying." Anzac teased.

"Yes we were Anzac." Blaise said laughing.

I noticed from the corner of my eye, Malfoy began to stare at me. Weird. 

"I know you two are such kiss asses." Anzac said.

"You should come one day." I said

"Anzac doesn't study or even read Esme." Lucy said.

"I can too! Just wouldn't want to interrupt Blaise and Esme." Anzac said laughing.

"Oh please she left to go talk to the famous Potter." Blaise said.

Everyone's face slowly went to a fake smile for several reasons. None of them liked Harry and right now with the accusations that Voldemort is back, no one believed him... I was the only one.

"Of course she would she's a blood traitor." Malfoy said.

I wasn't surprised to be fair.

"Aren't you?" He continued to say.

I looked at him and just looked down. 

"I bet you really believe the lies he's been telling the ministry!" Malfoy said.

"Of course I do..." I murmured but still loud enough for him to hear me.

"You're right you blood traitor, pathetic... especially for a Slytherin to believe that!" Malfoy said.

"Draco stop." Anzac said seriously.

Malfoy scoffed.

I continued to just avoid looking at him even though I could feel his eyes burning right at me.

"Whatever I'll catch you guys later I need to find Goyle." He finally said.

He got up and left.

It was pretty quiet after that, or I was.

"You know I don't care who you talk to Esme even if it is someone from Gryffindor or any house really." Anzac said giving me a comforting smile.

"Thanks Zac." I said.

"Just be careful Esme with everyone." Lucy said.

"Always am." I said