⌈CHAPTER 8 ⎮⎮ CAUGHT⌋

A/N: HI AGAIN ! I'm sorry if I'm moving slow, I promise I will pick up the pace just didn't want their relationship to come out of the blue. I wanted to give it some time to develop. I'll try to end the year 5 soon within the next two chapters so we can get into the real tea ;)

but for right now... well you know what happens during year 5.

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

*time skip*

Esme Ambrose (POV)

It was finally time to meet with the DA. I had been nervous about going since Umbridge's stupid squad had been trying to figure us out, even Draco. Things with him are pretty neutral but ever since that incident last week it hasn't been super great. I am bothered because after that he hasn't tried to do anything towards me. I guess I wish he did... ugh who am I kidding it's Draco Malfoy. 

Maybe he's just stressed... who knows?

"A happy memory Esme." Harry told me.

I knew how to work a patronus, but always had difficulty. It's not that I don't have a happy memory, I have lots. I just don't seem to ever pick the strongest one. Mines is a wolf though, I saw it when I was first able to do it.

I thought of the happiest memory I have, but something that felt pure to me as well. 

"Expecto Patronum!" I beamed.

I focused very hard, till I saw my patronus began to form. There it was the wolf I had seen before.

"Fantastic Esme!" He exclaimed.

I was filled with joy and proud that I was able to do this. I knew it was a hard spell to perform and for Harry to be teaching us this was amazing. He is a really great wizard.

The room began to shake and the lights were dimming here and there. I lost all my focus and noticed everyone looking around wondering what was happening. I moved closer towards where Harry was and noticed the small crack forming on the wall till it turned into a small hole.

Oh shit I could see Umbridge...

Then seconds later she knocked down the wall. There she was with Filch and some of the inquisitorial squad that only meant...

I see Draco smirking as he dragged Cho in front. There was no way she told on us, right?

His eyes met mine and once they did his whole expression dropped. He looked like he was at full rage. It said it all in his eyes.

I didn't feel so bad about lying, I mean he never tells me anything. But he had been asking me to join for awhile, I always said no and defended Harry.

"GET THEM!" Umbridge yelled.

I was dragged out by Goyle along with Hermione. We were all taken to Umbridge's classroom and gave us the detention we all knew we were going to get. 

"Miss Ambrose, seems to be that you're the only Slytherin." Umbridge said causing everyone to look at me.

"What's it to you?" I said.

"Bringing shame upon your house and your family name." She said giggling after.

"Any house would be lucky to have her." Ron exclaimed. I passed him a small smile which he returned.

"Very well, we'll see about that." She said with her stupid smile.

We were all free to go. I was scared to face everyone in the common room. I guess Umbridge's words were finally getting to me. I was the only Slytherin in there and everyone would know. How would my friends feel?