⌈CHAPTER 37 ⎮⎮ WHAT HAPPENED⌋

Esme Ambrose (POV)

It was time to go back to Hogwarts. I was excited to see all my friends again. Draco and I were walking on the platform, he is still the same but seems off like distracted. I can't lay my finger on it but there's more to it. It was ever since Christmas when we got very intimate some stuff has changed, it's this different feeling I have but I try shrugging it off.

We entered our compartment, no one was there yet. I sat down by the window and Draco sat next to me. I glanced at my ring then looked and saw Draco was wearing his, I started blushing.

Just then Anzac stood by the door, "Well Mr and Mrs Malfoy."

I got up, "Anzac-"

"Don't ever say that." Draco said. Well that was rude...

I rolled my eyes luckily without Draco noticing and hugged Anzac. "How was it with your parents?"

"They actually spent time with their only son for a change." He chuckled, taking the seat across from us. "You?"

"I-"

"She was at my manor." Draco interrupted. It even looked like he glared at Anzac.

"Oh cool how was that?" He asked.

"It was... fun." I paused, "I liked it."

"So you met Narcissa?" He smiled, "She's so nice."

"She is!" I exclaimed, "I got to talk to her a lot-"

"Esme." Draco sorta shouted out of nowhere, "Come with me."

"Um okay..." I said.

I followed Draco outside of the compartment, the others seemed full so we headed towards the prefects. There wasn't a door to it or anything to give privacy, I'm guessing because as a prefect they want us to be available or open to all students even though no one cared.

Draco made sure no one was passing by us till he started speaking, "Should I leave you two alone?"

"Huh?"

"You and Anzac."

"Draco we were just talking-"

"I saw where he put his fucking hand."

As I remembered when I hugged Anzac he put his hands on my waist maybe he went a bit lower though? I really don't know it was just a hug I wasn't thinking much of it.

"That's nothing." I tried holding his hand but he moved it away.

"He won't do it again," He warned, "That's guaranteed."

"There's no need to be so aggressive." I sighed.

"I have every right to be." He snapped, "I know how bad he wants you."

I was about to say something till we heard a knock on the wall. I never look at anyone with anger and hate till I heard about Juliet. Her presence disgusted me knowing what she and her family did to Draco.

"Hope I'm not interrupting." Juliet said.

"You always are," I glared at her, "In fact you can leave us alone right now."

"I need a word with Draco."

"No you fucking don't." I snapped.

"Esme." Draco said, "Don't."

"You're kidding right?"

"Look." He said, "Just... go back to the compartment."

"No you can't be serious."