⌈CHAPTER 67 ⎮⎮ TO DEFY⌋

Esme Ambrose (POV)

I watched Draco walk towards the door, it knocked once more and still no voice following. He looked at me then in that moment there was loud banging.

I searched for his wand and handed it to him, he put his hand on the knob before opening the door.

"Anzac?"

Anzac pushed his way in closing the door, "What are you-"

"Why the fuck is your father here?" He whisper shouted.

My heart and stomach both grew into a knot.

"Your father is here at the school right now!" Anzac repeated.

I looked at Draco and for once it looked like something really hit him, worry.

"How did you-"

Anzac interrupted me, "I was on my way to breakfast and turned back immediately when I saw him and Snape walking."

"They're heading over here Draco."

"Esme you need to leave, I'll hide any trace of you go with Anzac and-"

Another knock was followed, none of us moved.

I could see Anzac run his hands through his hair, mouthing "fuck."

It couldn't be them, that was way too fast.

Draco tilted his head to the bathroom, Anzac and I moved quietly, closing the door. Anzac muttered a silencing charm. On the other side we could hear Draco moving things around followed by another knock, "Give me a minute, who is it anyways?"

"You have a visitor Mr. Malfoy," Snape paused, "Unfortunately... it's urgent."

Anzac whispered to me, "We should go in the shower just in case, "I'll put a spell over it since it's glass."

"Anzac... that's the spell you kept failing."

"I got it down this time I promise."

The timing is crucial, Anzac has gotten detentions thinking he's performed the spell correctly. I would do it but Draco has my wand, "Okay come on."

I shuffled in first then Anzac, "Why's it so wet?" then he looked at my hair.

I smiled lightly about to say something till the door opened, I nudged Anzac's arm.

As I watched him perform the spell, I was too worried at trying to listen to the conversation outside to hear if he was doing the spell correctly. I just hoped dearly that he did, both of our lives depended on this.

Of course it was just a precaution, but who knows. We weren't even expecting his father to come, yet here he is.

"Unfortunately, I must be present during your visit but I'm sure your reasoning for being here is nothing I don't know already," Snape said.

I heard Lucius say, "How's school going Draco? I only wanted to check up on you my dear son."

"Don't bullshit me," Draco answered, "Why are you here?"

Someone was walking around the room which I assumed would probably be Lucius, "Again, making sure your focus is all in your study... is that so wrong for a father to do?"

"You've never bothered to be father," Draco answered right away, "Right now, if anything your just getting in the way."

"Of what?"

"Of what I can be doing."

There were more sounds of footsteps, "Draco's progress has been okay for the most parts however he can be doing much more."