⌈CHAPTER 53 ⎮⎮ RESPECTED⌋

A/N: wasn't sure if I already used this gif but oh well sorry XD

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Esme Ambrose (POV)

The only class I feared right now had to be DADA. It was my first class of the day but on a brighter side I should see everyone I know in there. Snape has changed a few or should I say most of the school's rules. The biggest one being how all our houses are separated meaning we don't share classes with other houses now.

It's impossible for him to do that but somehow he figured out some way. Slytherins are getting the first of everything, the best class with the best professor at the best time. It's not fair and I feel horrible about it.

I knew I had Anzac, Adaline and Blaise. Not sure if Draco would be in there but I assumed yes. I promised Adaline I'll meet in her dorm when I was ready. Luckily, I wasn't taking many classes since I was ahead but then again what was I supposed to do? Just sit in my room all day. I wasn't sure if Blaise is ahead too maybe I could spend more time with him.

Before I knocked I heard faintly arguing or that's what it sounded like, the door was actually a crack open so I stepped in.

Adaline had her arms crossed looking the other way then my eyes fell on Lucy. I dropped my bag once I saw her.

"Esme..." Lucy said lowly, "Good morning..."

Adaline sneered, "Good morning?! That's all you have to say?"

"What else do you want me to say?!"

"I don't know!" Adaline was struggling to find the words, "But I know you or anyone else can't act like everything is normal because it is the complete opposite."

"I'm sorry." Lucy sighed, "To the both of you... I really am."

She turned closer to me, "I know I wasn't a good friend that night... his wand was on your neck and the last thing I wanted..."

Lucy stopped herself because her eyes were tearing up. That night wasn't her fault, she was forced.

I quickly wrapped myself around her, "You didn't have a choice... even still."

I could practically feel Lucy's body freeze, she was shocked by what I had said. Adaline didn't move a muscle but still looked sympathetic.

"Aren't you scared of me..." Lucy croaked.

"You're still the same person I met," I said immediately, "I'll never be."

Adaline chimed in once Lucy pulled away, "Me too."

"Thanks..." She responded so lowly, I barely heard it.

"Were not going to tell anyone either." I promised.

"You can trust us." Adaline added, "Remember that."

Lucy gave a half smile.

I attempted to break the silence, "So... is um... everyone ready then?"

They nodded, it was my turn giving a half smile as I picked my bag up.

As we exited the common room I realized that I was leading the three of us, not only that but for some reason eyes were on me. They had to be, attention was on me. I know Lucy thought it was on her till some started greeting me with a nod. That never really happened.

Once it was just us Adaline asked, "You okay?"

"You noticed it too... right?"

"Hard not to." She asked, "What could that be about?"