13

"shua! we have a flight at LA! LAX! to your hometown and my dream city!" 

i almost jumped in excitement after knowing that we have an upcoming flight to LAX by the end of this week plus we have one day layover which was enough to visit some tourist attractions there! for all my life being a cabin crew, this is the only chance i finally got a flight to that airport, to that city! ive been dreaming for this to happen and now that its finally happening.. i couldn't feel nothing but happiness and excitement lingered through my body! im finally going to california, to los angeles to where that famous hollywood sign. 

i was busy looking at my phone that i bumped with joshua which i didnt know he stopped from walking down this hallway.. hallway to where our chief of airlines office was located. hinabol ko pa talaga sya from the entrance to this airport down  here on the side just to tell him that we have a flight going to his hometown. but my excitement somewhat faded when i saw how he looked at me. we were standing face to face to each other and no one was around in this area and we're both wearing our uniform since we have an upcoming flight two hours before. 

my brows furrowed. "are you okay? why do you looked like you're not happy?.. and why, why are you heading to our chief's office?" i was saying it and was asking him slowly for him to know i was choosing the right words to say for him not to get offended. 

plus he do really looked like he doesn't like what our upcoming flight was which so unusual kasi ever since he became a pilot here, excited din sya malaman kung saan yung flight namin and he's always been excited to announced he'll be flying an aircraft going to that country. pero ngayon, hindi ko yun makita. his face was kind of dull and there was something in his eyes that i couldn't define what... its just, he looked not excited about the flight. 

"ayaw mo ba nang flight natin?" i arched him a brow as i squint my eyes trying to read whats going on inside his head but i couldn't. he looked unpredictable right now. "its your hometown, shua. and that airport used to be your second home.. right?" 

he nodded. "yeah... its just that.." we stared at each other for a second before he looked away and he heave a sighed but later on, he got back his eyes to me. "do you really want to go there?.. in LA? in that airport? minnie, there are plenty of city we could flew with instead of going to LA."

"so ayaw mo nga..? 

he shook his head. "i-its not like that.." 

"thats the reason why you're heading to our chief's office, right? to change our flight's schedule without us knowing kasi ayaw mong lumipad don yourself." the excited i have earlier really faded now after knowing it. bakit? bakit ayaw nyang pumunta don? for sure if joshua was the other pilot out there, they would be excited knowing they'll gonna get home even just a short period of time. "weve been knew.. our schedule had been sent to us earlier na lilipad tayo sa LA. so bakit?" 

"minnie..." 

"it was one of my dream city to have a flight to, ive dreaming for this flight in my entire career as a cabin crew so please huwag naman ikaw yung makasira nang pangarap ko."

i shot him a glance for the last time before i turned my back at him and started to walked away and didnt mind the way he called my name a lot of times prolly wanting me to halt from walking away from him. i know it sounds too pety and he has the authority to cancel or replace our flights to other schedule but to let us not aware of what he supposed to do dahil lang ayaw nya? it doesn't sits right. i dont care if he has a personal problem over to his hometown or what, but it is my dream flight. this is the only chance i have to finally land at that city so i wont let this chance pass plus the rest of us already knew and was excited over to this.