Painting

Sasha's POV:

I woke up the next morning to see Bayley beside me. It was rare for her to still be asleep when I woke up, but she had a long day yesterday. I looked at my phone to see that it was only 7am. Lord, this baby has bern waking me up quite early these past few weeks. I cuddled with Bayley again, trying not to wake her up but also trying to go back to sleep. Finally after a few minutes, I was able to go back to sleep.

*A few hours later*

I woke up again, but this time Bayley wasn't beside me. I heard her getting plates from downstairs. It was now 10, which was a more reasonable time to wake up. I knew that once I had this baby, I'd be up all night every night trying to get her to sleep herself. I carefully went down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Good morning!" She exclaimed.
"Good morning," I replied.

I went to the washroom and grabbed a few tylonels. I went back out to the kitchen to get a cup of water and took them.

"Are you okay?" She asked.
"Yeah, I just have a headache," I told her.
"Well why don't you come and sit down and we can have breakfast," she suggested and she walked over to me.

I nodded as she held onto my arm. We walked over to the dinning table where Bayley already had the food.

"There's more if you're still hungry afterwards," she informed me.
"Thank you," I replied.

*After they ate*

"I already taped off the window and base boards in the room. I also put the plastic thing on the floor for when we're painting," she told me.
"Okay, thank you," I responded as we put our plates into the sink.

We headed upstairs to the soon-to-be nursery and got the paint ready. We were going to paint it today and then get furniture delivered and get supplies for when the baby was born. We had picked pastel colors, purple and pink, for the nursery. Bayley opened the cans of paint and poured them into two trays.

"Hold on," she said before leaving the room.

I got the brushes and rollers ready for when she came back in. She brought in a step stool for when we needed to paint the top of the walls. I grabbed a paint brush and dipped it into the pink paint. I got up onto the stool and began painting the top of a wall while Bayley painted another purple.

Just as I finished painting the final wall, I could feel myself tipping. I tried my best to catch myself, but thankfully Bayley was there.

"Be careful Sash, you don't wanna get hurt," she told me.
"No, I don't," I responded.

She laughed as we walked out of the room. We went to our room and I layed on the bed. I sighed, my head was still pounding. She sat beside me and rubbed her hand up and down my thigh.

"Do you need anything?" She asked.
"My head still hurts, but I don't want to take too much medication," I informed her.
"I'll get you some water," she replied.

I watched as Bayley got up from the bed and left the room. I sat up in the bed before she came back into the room. She brought in a cup of water and handed it to me. I thanked her before taking a sip.

"Do you need anything else? I can leave you alone if you want to sleep," she asked.
"All I want is for you to stay here," I told her quietly.

She smiled at me before taking the cup from me. She placed it on the side table before sitting next to me. She wrapped her arm around me as I placed my head on her chest.

Bayley's POV:

I felt Sasha fall asleep after a few minutes. I moved her onto the bed so she was laying down. I grabbed the blanket and pulled it over us as I layed beside her. I knew it was hard for her and wished I could help her with everything. I did try my best, but I felt as if it wasn't enough sometimes. I fell asleep with her after a little bit, I was exhausted as well.