Chapter 49: Sow Annihilation

What would Shi Di think if he knew his priceless Primordial Stone was used just to make an embellishment? Qingtong touched the glittering and translucent flame mark. At least it was better than asking him to kill his whole family to get their heart's blood just to use it to paint a flower decoration like it had happened with Elder Kugu.

"Baby, get out of the way. I'm going to refine the Primordial Stone." Mo Tianliao pulled Qingtong back and threw all the remaining Primordial Stone into the furnace. With a roar, the flames inside it jumped high and even its walls burst into flames.

Primordial Stone, from the beginnings of heaven and earth, the origin of qi; it could absorb qi continuously. The smelting furnace was also a kind of magical tool. The one Shi Di had provided for him was even a special tool grade furnace. It would naturally burn very brightly with such a large piece of Primordial Stone supplying it with qi.

The flames shone on Mo Tianliao's face, flickering, they reminded him of before, something had happened before he could throw the Primordial Stone into his Sky Burning Furnace the last time. At the time, the divine weapon had just been crafted and was still in the fire, he could have added the Primordial Stone by just throwing it in, but now it would take some work.

"What did you call me just now?" A clear and melodious voice sounded in his ear.

Mo Tianliao stiffened for a moment, then looked back with a smile and said, "Get used to it, baby."

"You..." Qingtong raised a hand to hit him but it was seized by Mo Tianliao.

"It means treasure, something one holds carefully, so it's not like I misspoke. Xiaozhao is my baby, so is Master." Mo Tianliao looked at him, his eyes closing in a smile.

One of Qingtong's hands held the fox, the other was trapped. Since he was in human form he could not reach out and scratch him with his hind legs. He could only glare at him and pull back his hand. "You have a glib tongue. Disrespect your Master like this again, and I will..."

"Bite me?" Mo Tianliao leaned closer to the white jade-like ear and whispered.

Hot breath blew on the ear and dyed it a faint pink. Qingtong pushed him away, dropped the fox, turned himself into a cat and jumped to the corner, ignoring him.

The fox was momentarily stunned by the fall, he slowly got up, looked around and headed for the cat bed in the corner. The cat bed was very soft, the fox, whose injuries were not yet recovered, climbed on and lay down listlessly. The kitten sat in his bed glaring at Mo Tianliao, when the fox came, he nonchalantly rested his chin on him then continued to glare at Mo Tianliao.

Mo Tianliao's mouth twitched. His cat was so unbelievably lazy that he didn't even want to prop up his own chin when glaring at someone.

Primordial Stone was easy to refine, because it absorbed qi by itself, the fire in the furnace blazed vigorously, it was refined in less than a day. The divine weapon, that is, the pig-killing knife which was still frozen into an ice lump, was thrown in. When it was first crafted, Mo Tianliao had used some special materials that would automatically fuse with the Primordial Stone.

His fingers flew, quickly going into the furnace and forming a seal, the Primordial Stone, which had become liquid, was swiftly scattered and turned into mist. He formed another hand seal and made the pig-killing knife rotate by itself in order for it to be evenly coated with the vaporized Primordial Stone. Soon the Primordial Stone stuck to the knife and fused into it. After refining it for a few more hours, Mo Tianliao took out the divine weapon.

The divine weapon which was now fused with the Primordial Stone did not look very different from before, only the tortoiseshell color had become darker, appearing almost pitch black.