Chapter 6: Xiaozhao

According to the usual cultivation methods, beginners first had to learn how to draw qi into their bodies, then let the natural qi pass through the meridians of their body to turn it into their own qi. The type of qi they had to absorb varied according to their spirit attributes. For example, Mo Tianliao now had to absorb wood and fire qi and draw both types into his body in order to achieve the first stage of cultivation.

However, in this <Wood Igniting Technique>, there wasn't any mention of drawing qi into the body. Even as an experienced Demonic Lord, he could only scratch his head in confusion at the instructions.

It wasn't until someone knocked on his door that Mo Tianliao woke from his daze.

"Shishu, the outer disciples brought your meal over."

A slender female disciple walked in with a food box. Before Mo Tianliao could speak, she placed it on the table.

There were five stages to cultivation: the Refining, Foundation, Core, Soul and Half Immortal stages. Those who had reached the Core stage and above could use the Meal Pill to satisfy their bodily needs, while those in the Soul stage and above would not have to eat at all. Thus, most of the disciples in the sect still had to satisfy their hunger. The chore of cooking those meals naturally fell upon those outer sect disciples. However, outer sect disciples couldn't enter the abodes, so inner sect disciples had to bring the food in.

A slight frown developed on Mo Tianliao's face and he looked up at the female disciple.

The girl had fine features and a slender figure and could even be considered a rare beauty in the cultivation world. However, the undisguised haughtiness on her face made her seem less attractive.

Suxin was a second-generation disciple with a single fire attribute. Her potential was just a hair's difference away from being a divine spirit potential. If someone of such caliber could only be a second-generation disciple in Woqing Abode, then how could someone with dual spirit attributes who was already older than sixteen become the direct disciple of Master Qingtong?

"Leave it," Mo Tianliao stated calmly as the good humor on his face faded away.

It was impossible for him not to notice the disdain in the girl's face with his hundreds of years of experience as a Demonic Lord. If he had started out at the Thousand Sprouts Abode as a normal inner sect disciple, he would have thought it normal for a direct disciple to scorn him. However, he now held a much higher rank than her. As his junior, her actions were disrespectful towards him.

The calm iciness in Mo Tianliao's black eyes made Suxin retreat unconsciously. It was only now that she finally took note of Mo Tianliao's appearance. His features were rather handsome, yet he still retained an air of dominance. Although he was still a mortal right now, his eyes were very piercing. The regal aura around him could be compared to the Sect Master's... and was possibly even grander!

After getting shocked by her mortal shishu's display of power, Suxin's embarrassment slowly turned to rage and she couldn't help but let out her own power in response. She had not joined the sect for very long, so she had only just reached the Foundation stage. Even so, the power in her soul was enough to force mortals to kneel before her.

Mo Tianliao looked at the girl weirdly. What was she doing, trying to use such a crude method to intimidate her senior? There was nothing to be gained from doing so, except for a fleeting moment of satisfaction...

He jumped off the bed and slowly walked towards the table. It was clear that he wasn't affected at all by her power. Conversely, it was Suxin who felt like a heavy force was pressing her down and squeezing out the air in her lungs. When Mo Tianliao was just a few steps away, Suxin's knees gave way and she knelt down hard on the floor.