Chapter 26: Closed Door Cultivation

Mo Tianliao stared at the tiger skin rug curiously. It was full of spiritual force and vitality, so it was clearly a high-level Demonic Beast.

"What?" Qingtong put down his book. Then he moved his feet, put them on the tiger's fluffy head, and pressed it down.

Mo Tianliao came back to his senses and looked around. He saw neither hide nor hair of da-shixiong and did not dare to ask Master, or else it would look like he hadn't come to see him specifically and was looking for someone else. He had no choice but to take out the cold jade box from his pocket, "This is the Soul Condensing fruit that da-shixiong painstakingly found during his travels. I was entrusted to bring it to Master."

The tiger lying on the ground perked up its ears. He thought to himself that his shidi was very kind, then lay motionless, feeling reassured.

Qingtong raised his hand, picked up the exquisite Soul Condensing Sansang fruit in the jade box, and poked the tiger's ear with the tip of his toe.

The big tiger raised his head, looked at the delicate and charming fruit in Master's hand, and blinked. Was this really the withered fruit he had brought back?

Qingtong held the fist-sized SanSang and looked at it again and again. It seemed very juicy, but it was bigger than his mouth. If he ate it like this, he would definitely get his face dirty. He put it aside; he needed to think it over.

Mo Tianliao looked at this and could not help but say, "Master, it's better to eat it while it's fresh." This fruit was like clay: you needed to use it while moist, so as to wrap your soul more perfectly and make the protective shell stronger.

As he spoke, he took the fruit back, took out a knife, cut the Sansang into tangerine-like wedges, placed it neatly on a white jade plate, and presented it to Master.

The big tiger looked at Mo Tianliao, thunderstruck. This way of cutting things and that suck-up look... he felt like his teeth were about to rot.

Cold, beautiful eyes looked back and forth between the jade plate and Mo Tianliao. Qingtong slowly stretched out his hand, picked up a slice, and put it in his mouth.

The soft pulp melted in his mouth and the sweet juice flowed down his throat. He felt the dull pain in his head disappear.

"Yan Lie has met shishu." Yan Lie, dressed in a colorful robe with wide sleeves, came in, bowed down, and saluted with a small smile. His gentle and measured tone was pleasant to the ears.

Mo Tianliao got up and gave way.

"Mmm." Qingtong raised his hand slightly and motioned for Yan Lie to be at ease.

"I've met shixiong." Mo Tianliao raised his hand to greet Yan Lie.

The big tiger at Qingtong's feet followed suit, "Growl..."

Yan Lie smiled and returned the greeting. His peach blossom eyes bent into a crescent moon shape, and he walked over and touched the tiger's head. Then he looked up and said, "So, the other day, shishu chopped two of Qingyun Sect's disciples into pieces at the foot of the mountain. I pushed the blame onto the Demonic Sects."

Mo Tianliao remembered that he had killed the Qingyun Sect's Qi refining cultivator with a sword. What was his name?

"He Xijiu was the direct grandson of Qingyun Sect's Elder, Yun Song. Qingyun Sect did not say much after learning about the incident, but Elder Yun Song was very angry." Yan Lie's eyes showed a bit of derision; He Xijiu was a good-for-nothing little rich boy.

Elder Yun Song only continued to spoil and praise him every day because he was his only blood relative.

People who cultivated had a long life span, it was better to cut off worldly ties if they wanted to ascend. Yan Lie did not understand why Yun Song was so concerned about his bloodline.