Chapter 31: Twine

Hua Qing felt that the most suspicious person was the newly recruited Cheng Xi shidi. Every time he saw Mo Tianliao, his derisive face just screamed "This trash".

Xuanji thought that what his second disciple said was reasonable and called Cheng Xi for questioning.

This Cheng Xi didn't appear for a while, making the suspicion in everyone's hearts deepen. They waited a long time before they saw a man wearing a black cloak enter, walking the approximate speed of a snail.

"Cheng Xi, how can you come to Master like that?" Hua Qing appeared very dissatisfied and shook his colorful clothes. He should wear something better when meeting Master.

"It's not good to be too extravagant," Yu Li shidi could not help but mutter. He was standing beside Hua Qing, looking at those rainbow-like clothes made him feel dizzy.

"What do you know!" Hua Qing raised his hand and gave his shidi a knock on the head. "I call these 'Filial Jester'."

This grown man dressed like a diva every day, which had caused him to be mistaken as "shijie" several times. Yu Li wanted to squirt water on him but since he was human, he could only make like a dead fish and ignore him.

Yuan Hai slowly turned, looked at his two quarrelling shidi, then slowly turned back. He spoke too slowly anyway; he'd better not even try to mediate.

Just then, the man in the black cloak approached, the wide hood covered his face so thoroughly that they could not tell who he was.

"Disciple has met Master," The man in the cloak said weakly, the voice sounded familiar, was this really young Cheng Xi, who was always so disdainful?

"Cheng Xi shidi?! Why are you dressed like this?" This was very upsetting for Hua Qing to see. Why would he come to see Master wearing a bed sheet? He strode over and removed his hood.

There was a moment of silence in the hall as all present saw that the originally handsome young man now had green facial hair and green eyebrows, even his few visible nose hairs were green. His once bright and clean forehead had also grown a layer of short green fluff; the whole person looked moldy.

"Er... Shidi? What's wrong with you?" Hua Qing secretly pinched his thigh to prevent himself from laughing and asked with concern.

"I- I don't know..." young Cheng Xi was almost crying.

Yesterday, Mo Tianliao gave a dazzling performance in front of everyone. Someone who had just started a year ago was able to not only reach Foundation Establishment but also defeat a cultivator mid-way through Foundation Establishment. As soon as he had left, everyone present during the fight had erupted into chaos.

Returning to Woxuan Abode, Cheng Xi had felt like everyone was looking down at him. Someone with a double spiritual root could achieve Foundation Establishment within one year. His own heavenly spiritual root looked like a joke. How could he reconcile himself to it? That damn Mo Tianliao, he must have taken some secret pills... secret pills... That's it!

Cheng Xi took out the celadon vial he got from Hua Qing and recalled that Mo Tianliao had also received some. To be able to reach Foundation Establishment in such a short period of time, these must be godly pills that can improve one's cultivation instantly! He summoned up his courage, swallowed the medicine, gathered qi in his Dantian and waited for it to be absorbed.

However, nothing happened, he couldn't feel even a trace of spiritual fluctuations. Young Cheng Xi felt something was wrong and tried to use qi to kickstart the process, yet the night passed and still nothing happened.