Chapter 14: Sect Leader

After coaxing Lord Kitty to sleep, Mo Tianliao started to concentrate on making storage pouches.

The quality of the storage pouch was dependent on two factors. One factor was the purity and smoothness of the crystal, and the other factor was the amount of spiritual energy used to expand the space in the pouch.

The space array was the foundation of the method of creating storage pouches. The patterns were extremely complicated. There are two types of patterns, one for space storage and one for spiritual energy storage. Any small mistake or inaccuracy would lead to space instability or spiritual energy leakage. This was the reason why the storage pouches were so expensive.

Majority of refiners would carefully draw the patterns with an expensive array brush. It took at least one day to draw a full array, and once there was a wrong brush stroke, the array was ruined, but for Mo Tianliao......

The fingers that dipped into pyrite crystal liquid were so fast that only a blur of shadows could be seen, the image was very beautiful, and seemingly careless. Not only ten minutes had passed and the array was completed. The spiritual energy slowly filled the pouch, only after around fifteen minutes, Mo Tianliao stopped. Mo Tianliao was out of breath, he was only at the sixth stage of Qi Refining and was only able to fill up the pouch to half the size of a house.

While Mo Tianliao meditated to replenish the spiritual energy he had used, the black iron stone in the furnace had been refined. Mo Tianliao picked up the small knife and coated the blade with the liquid from the refined iron stone. He quickly condensed his qi to his fingertips and started to mold the knife, sculpting it into a strange shape. There was a sharp hook at the top, and could at most only be used as a burin.

He took out a large piece of water wood he had picked up from the rear mountains, it was currently the largest refining material in his possession. He used the burin to split open the coarse log and shave them into sharp wooden thorns, each of which were about three inches long.

"That Woqing Cove disciple, he really stayed inside the forge for ten days." One of Red Flame Heaven's guards commented while drinking wine.

"Maybe he is meditating," the other person stroked his beard with an all-knowing expression. "Cultivators with fire attributes often come here to meditate in seclusion."

Everyone was convinced, thinking that it was impossible that a cultivator only at the sixth stage of Qi Refining could refine any viable weapon.

"In my opinion, these direct disciples are all very rich but have nowhere to spend their money. The spiritual energy in the three coves is so abundant. He can simply meditate in his own room, but he chose to come here and waste money."

"Exactly..."

While the few disciples were engrossed with gossiping, a jade token was gently placed on a bamboo tray on the table, making a clear clinking sound. A pleasant, low voice tinged with exhaustion faintly said: "Keep it well."

Not waiting for any answer, he immediately turned and left.

The few disciples that were guarding the entrance stared at the silhouette of the black-clothed man, then looked at one another. They had no idea how much of their gossiping Mo Tianliao had heard, and felt very uneasy in their hearts.

The guard, in a panic, chased behind him, "Shishu, wait."

Mo Tianliao turned his head back, "What is it?" For many days, he had refined storage pouches too many times, almost setting the furnace on fire, unable to even close his eyes for a few minutes. He desperately needed to sleep, so his current temper was not good.