Chapter 19: Fight

Mo Tianliao raised his hand and threw the cat into the crown of a nearby tree. Quick as lightning, he threw nine wood thorns as a preemptive strike. The woman's defenses broke before she could even activate a magic weapon.

The woman was shocked and had no time to react, but the man pulled her away quickly. Nine wood thorns were neatly embedded in the place where they had just been standing. Before the two could find their footing, a smoking black orb came hurtling by.

The male demonic cultivator took out a sharp sword and cut the ball with extreme precision. Immediately after splitting in two, oil began to gush from each half, pouring all over the two people's faces. The little wooden ball had had a space array carved on it!

Mo Tianliao made this oil from the rapeseed tree located in the rear mountains. It was very easy to ignite and naturally removed the gamy taste from meat, which made it ideal for cooking mountain goat.

"Not good!" the woman screamed. This technique seemed way too familiar; without a doubt, there were more devious moves waiting for them. She quickly made a hand seal and erected a water barrier.

Sure enough, before the barrier was even finished, a torrent of fireballs suddenly appeared.

The water barrier quickly extinguished the condensed spirit fireballs. This woman was a human furnace with both fire and water attributes. She was given to Mo Tianliao as a plaything by a demonic sect in the past. He had used her for many years as a forge worker and watering can. Her constitution made her progress in cultivation slow, but she had at least reached the peak of Foundation Establishment during the last three hundred years. Naturally, her water barrier could extinguish the fireballs made by Mo Tianliao.

There was a great difference in spiritual power between the Foundation Establishment and Qi Refining stages. In theory, Mo Tianliao's fight against these two people should have been like a mantis trying to stop a carriage. However, only his internal spirit force was low; he still had his divine soul and knew some high-level magic. It was still possible to kill someone who was at a higher level than him, not to mention...

Three more small balls were thrown, but this time the two were smarter. They didn't try to evade anymore. The male demonic cultivator rushed straight at Mo Tianliao with a broadsword. He was a Foundation Establishment cultivator, why should he be afraid of some Qi Refining small fry?

The blade imbued with strong earth power came cutting across. Mo Tianliao dodged, and the broadsword slashed the ground with tremendous force.

Crack!

Endless yellow sand burst out of the gaping hole the sword tore into the ground.

Mo Tianliao jumped quickly; he didn't have enough spiritual power to soar. Seeing the fissure near his feet, he rolled on the ground somewhat awkwardly and kicked a falling ball towards the rift.

"Hahahaha..." The big man laughed at Mo Tianliao rolling around like a dog. He was about to finish him with final slash when suddenly, countless iron sand pellets shot out. They were so powerful that they instantly broke through his body's defenses and embedded themselves into his flesh.

"Ah!" the demonic cultivator cried out in pain. He covered his body with a thick veil of spiritual power. He stamped his feet powerfully, and the earth split underneath him. The other two balls that had just landed on the ground also fell into the crack in the ground. The pressure of the spiritually-charged earth destroyed them. The space array inside them was damaged, and the compressed iron pellets burst out at once.

Because of this, the whole sky was raining iron and sand...

The woman who had been hiding off to the side saw that the situation looked bad. She took out her jade hairpin, turned it into a longsword, and used it to draw a pair of half-circles beside her. Two water columns rose to the sky, one shooting to attack Mo Tianliao, and the other heading towards her shixiong.