Chapter 18: Narrow Road

The cloak tore, revealing a tuft of snow-white fluff. Mo Tianliao quickly stuffed Lord Kitty back into his clothes and gave him an appeasing pat.

The cub in the cage was indeed a Demonic Beast possessing spiritual awareness. Even if its spiritual roots were ordinary, anyone would go crazy for it. The starting price was five hundred top-grade lingshi!

Five hundred top-grade lingshi, that is, five thousand mid-grade lingshi, or fifty thousand low-grade lingshi!

Demonic Beasts had always been exorbitantly expensive, and most cultivators could never afford one. The female disciple from the demonic sect was also eagerly bidding, completely oblivious to the distress of her shixiong, who had just paid for her magical weapons.

Mo Tianliao said nothing, and instead got up and quickly left the lobby.

Once someone takes possession of a Demonic Beast, they would need to immediately form a contract in order to prevent it from being stolen the second they walked out the door. Blood pacts had a significant effect on Demonic Beasts, which would probably cause Mo Xiaozhao distress. He needed to leave quickly.

All eyes were fixed on the Demonic Beast. No one noticed his movements as he turned around and left through the back door. Only the Golden Core appraiser looked in his direction and smiled knowingly.

If you used a wooden plaque to sit in a private room, you couldn't participate in the auction of your consignment. Those were the rules. Mo Tianliao's practice of fishing in troubled waters and driving up prices would absolutely not be allowed in large auction houses, but small auction houses like this one turned a blind eye to it.

After earning one hundred and twenty-seven mid-grade lingshi, he finally had enough money for Mo Xiaozhao.

The Demonic Beast had already been bought by the time he walked out of the auction house. Mo Tianliao looked back and frowned slightly; the man was dressed in cyan clothes. It turned out to be the Qingyun Sect!

"Growl—" The little leopard screamed in horror as it was dragged out of the cage. It breathed fire at the man, but the cultivator next to him raised a hand and blocked it. He pulled out a dagger and scratched between the little leopard's eyebrows, forcing out a drop of blood.

The kitten took one look at this and clutched at his clothes, trembling faintly. Mo Tianliao thought that it was scared and hurried out the door.

The shopkeeper at a Dan pharmacy told Mo Tianliao that their alchemist was examining their supplies in the warehouse, which was five miles away from town. He could go there directly to see the doctor.

After leaving Ruyi Town and walking on the mountain path, Mo Tianliao removed his cloak and released Lord Kitty, who by this time was feeling suffocated.

The little white furball was a little listless and did not move nor scream as he pulled it up by the scruff of the neck.

"What's the matter?" Mo Tianliao reached out and raised the kitten to his face.

Big, translucent eyes like Liuli crystals looked at him a little coldly as if expressing some unspeakable injustice.

"What's the matter, baby? Mo Tianliao placed the furball on his shoulders and ran his hand down its back as if soothing a child.

"Meow..." The kitten slowly stretched out its two furry paws and encircled Mo Tianliao's neck. However, its arms were too short to encircle more than half of it. The small pink nose sniffed around his neck and inhaled again and again. The faint smell of vegetation diluted the bloody stench that lingered on the tip of his nose and made him feel a little better.