Chapter 25: Cultivating Plants

Realizing what this looked like, both of them cried aloud at the same time. Bai Luo jumped up, adjusted his clothes, and gave a dry cough. "Shidi, don't misunderstand, shixiong and I were..."

"Practice fighting!"

"Stealing my chicken drumstick!"

The two voices sounded at the same time and the atmosphere immediately became even more awkward.

They glared at each other. Zi Mo picked up the roasted chicken drumstick that had fallen to the ground, patted off the dust on its wrapping leaves, and started to leave. When he walked past Mo Tianliao, he whispered, "Bai Luo is not in a good mood. Don't mess with him. He's a biter."

Smack!

A chunk of earth hit the back of Zi Mo's head with great precision. The force made Zi Mo stumble, and he almost turned back to counterattack. In the end, he somehow managed to scurry away without looking back.

Mo Tianliao pursed his lips and turned to look at Bai Luo. He saw Bai shixiong, who had looked aggressive just a second ago, squatting beside the sword-leaf grass, looking at the leafless plant with a sad face.

"What's wrong with this spiritual grass?" Mo Tianliao could naturally see the leafless stems.

"The leaves, uh, I don't know who ate them. With it looking like this, I'm dead meat." Bai Luo looked up at Mo Tianliao, his dark eyes wide. He looked pathetic.

Mo Tianliao squatted down. "I've just learned a trick, let me try it."

"It's no use." Bai Luo shook his head. "It's earth grade spiritual grass."

Spiritual grass and trees were divided into four grades, namely "heaven", "earth", "profound", and "yellow". The higher the grade, the more precious it was, and the more difficult it was to cultivate. Heaven grade was extremely rare. For example, the Sansang fruit found by da-shixiong was of this grade. Generally speaking, earth grade was a very high level for spiritual grass.

Even yellow grade spiritual grass could not be revived using his "Spring Comes to the Withered Tree", so how could it be of use on earth grade spiritual grass?

Mo Tianliao raised his hand and touched the sword-leaf grass. A wisp of wood qi mixed with the endless vitality of the Everlasting Tree slowly poured into the spiritual grass. A little while later, a small, almost unnoticeable, delicate bud appeared on the leafless stem.

Mo Tianliao quickly withdrew his hand. He had originally wanted to find some spiritual grass to test this on. He hadn't expected his endless vitality could even save this high-grade spiritual grass. Mo Tianliao pursed his lips. He was thinking about what to do next when Bai Luo grabbed him by his clothes and said, "Shidi, you..."

Bai Luo had been staring at this spiritual grass all day and could detect even the slightest of changes.

"Your ability is really great!" The normally-quiet Bai Luo jumped three chi high and dragged Mo Tianliao deep into the garden.

Mo Tianliao wouldn't have known it if he hadn't see it himself, but in this rare spiritual medicine garden, there were many half-dead plants. Some fruits were rotten, some leaves were half-missing, and even more outrageously, some roots were cut.

"How did this happen?" Mo Tianliao, who was holding the jaggedly-cut root, was puzzled.

When Bai Luo heard the question, he hunched his shoulders unconsciously. "Bit-bitten off."

"Bitten off?" Mo Tianliao was even more shocked. The place was heavily guarded and even had high-level barriers in place. Neither people, birds, nor animals could get in. Were there bugs?