Chapter 37: Soul Subjugation

Before, it cost 19,000 top-grade lingshi to buy the Xuanyuan Iron and Resplendent Stone, and it took another 6,001 to buy that set of crystals. Together they cost half of the 50,000 given by Master.

Holding the Nine-Souls Crystal in his hand, Mo Tianliao did not regret it. Normally, top-grade crystals, such as Red Temper crystal, which could be refined into special weapons and spiritual weapons, could cost between 100 and 200 pieces of top-grade lingshi. This kind of seven color crystal set could sell for up to 2,000 lingshi, which was already a lot. He had paid 6,000 lingshi, everyone thought that he'd been had.

But no one knew that Nine-Souls Crystal was even more precious than Starfall Stone.

A Soul Vessel was something that could hold souls or spirits. The Soul-devouring Banner which Elder Kugu had asked him to craft was a kind of Soul Vessel. A Nine-Souls Crystal the size of a fingernail could hold thousands of souls and be refined into a Soul-devouring Banner, a semi-immortal weapon.

Now, with this fist-sized Nine-Souls Crystal, he could even forge an item that could nourish the soul...

"Starfall Stone!" The discerning people below screamed.

Starfall Stone was a top-grade crafting material, it had no specific attribute so the resulting artifact could be used by anyone. More importantly, there was almost no upper limit on the amount of power that Starfall Stone could withstand.

The powerful people of the Half-Immortal stage and above, rarely used spiritual weapons. This was because ordinary spiritual weapons couldn't bear their own huge spiritual power. If they slashed with a sword, for example, it would use only half of their spiritual power. It was better to just hit directly.

"Some fellow cultivators have already recognized it." The auctioneer stood behind the tray to let everyone look at it carefully. "This is a piece of Starfall Stone, which can be refined into a top-grade spiritual weapon or even a semi-immortal weapon that can be used by Half-Immortals. A top-grade refining material. There exist only a few in the entire Taixuan continent, you may come across it by luck, but never find it if you search for it."

Now the auctioneer's voice was very slow, it seemed that no amount of praise could convey the value of the Starfall Stone.

It was not just desirable to craftsmen. If one wanted to ask a craftsman to refine an artifact, it was often better to offer them rare materials than to give them lingshi directly. Even the cleverest housewife could not cook a meal without rice; no matter how skilled a craftsman was, even with all the lingshi in the world, without good materials, they would not be able to create anything.

"Starting at twenty thousand top-grade lingshi!" The auctioneer stopped talking and started the bidding.

The Foundation stage cultivators in the hall were silent. Even if they were from a good family background, twenty thousand top-grade lingshi, that is, two million low-grade lingshi, was by no means something they could afford.

In the whole venue, only those with divine sense bid silently.

Mo Tianliao stared at the crystal sphere and listened to the auctioneer's incessant shouting. The price of Starfall Stone soared to twenty-three thousand before it began to increase hundred by hundred. Even so, the bidding speed was still very fast. Looking at the pitiful twenty-five thousand lingshi in his storage bag, Mo Tianliao's palms were sweaty, he could only hope that there was no one very rich present today.

However, it was obviously his unlucky day. When Mo Tianliao bid twenty-four thousand and nine hundred, someone immediately quoted twenty-six thousand.