4. Aftermath

All of a sudden we see Aro look up shockingly and quickly take his hand away from Alice. He looks over to us with a scared look. "Now you know. That's your future. Unless you decide on another course," she spits at him.

"We can not alter our course. The child still poses a grave threat," Caius tells him.

"But what if you were sure she could remain concealed from the human world? Then could we live in peace?" Edward asks.

"Of course, but that can not be known," Caisus tells him.

"Actually, it can," Edward announces as two people walk onto the field.

"I've been searching for witnesses of my own Among the Ticuna tribes of Brazil," Alice tells Aro.

"We have enough witnesses," Caius complains.

"Let him speak, brother," Aro counters.

"I am half human, half vampire. Like the child, a vampire seduced my mother who died giving birth to me. My aunt Huilen raised me as her own. I made her immortal," the new commer explains.

"How old are you?" Bella asks, stepping forward.

"150 years," he answers.

"At what age did you reach maturity?" Aro asks him.

"I became full grown 7 years after my birth. I have not changed since then," he answers him. Bella and Edward look hopefully at Renesmee, happy that they'll have a life with her.

"And your diet?"

"Blood, human food. I can survive on either," he explains.

"These children are much like us," Marcus tells Aro.

"Regardless, the Cullens have been consorting with werewolves, our natural enemies," Caius tells them. This one is just looking for a fight. Aro places a hand on his shoulder, telling him to calm down.

"Dear ones," Aro says, addressing his people. "There is no danger here. We will not fight, today." They turn around and start walking away as Alice walks over to us. I look at Nico and Percy and we all start walking forward. Seth and Leah follow after us. The cullens look at us curiously and don't walk from the field just yet.

"ARO," I called after him. "We need to have a little chat."

"Of course, how wonderful it is to see you, Natalia, Nico," he says, addressing my brother and I. "I'm sad it had to be under such circumstances." We step forward away from the others so that he'll only address us.

"We are too," my brother tells him. "But we have some stuff we'd like to discuss." Aro nods for us to go further, too afraid to do anything else. 

"First, is that what happened last summer can never happen again. It caused a lot of trouble with us and the Romans and we can not afford to have it happen again," I explained to him.

"I understand that we already apologized for that, we didn't mean to interfere with you. We didn't know it was one of our own," Aro says with a smile looking over at Jane to confirm.

"Yes, you did, but here's the thing... You knew about the army, you just didn't want to do anything because you were looking for an excuse to get rid of the Cullens for a long time because you wanted Alice and Edward for their gifts," Nico retaliates.

"And second, you can't go around killing people when you want their gifts, we gave you power, we can take it away," I threatened him. "They are to join you of their own free will and you can't make them stay either." I then turned to the one beside him, "Caius, you are unreasonably wanting war which none of us can agree with and we will happily remove you."