4. Graduation

There's been even more attacks in the past couple weeks than there has been in a while. I'm heading over to the Cullens' house with Bella and Edward to discuss what's happening. I've kept Chiron updated on everything happening with the army and he trusts that I'm helping them get rid of it.

"It's getting worse."

"A lot worse," I say.

"We're going to have to do something," Carlisle announces.

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more," Jasper tells everyone, looking at Edward. "And they're undisciplined, conspicuous."

"It's newborns," Edward concludes. Oh that's just great! It's not just vampires with no morals that are being manipulated to join an army, it's new vampires who are scared, have no idea what's going on, and are just following what their creator says to do.

"What? Like new vampires?" Bella asks.

"In the first few months after the change," Edward answers.

"That's when we're at our most uncontrollable. Viscous," Jasper explains. "Insane with thirst." Why are these people so melodramatic? I know Nico and I are most of the time, but this is just depressing.

"Something to look forward to," Emmett jokes, looking at Bella. Finally, someone makes a joke. Life is so bland without Leo and Will. Heck even Percy would make this better.

"No one's trained these newborns, but this isn't random," Jasper tells Carlisle.

"Someone's creating an army," Carlisle says.

I sigh, "This is what we were afraid of," I tell them. Edward looks at me confused, trying to get into my head again.

"Well, now we're definitely going to Seattle," Emmett jumps up.

"Not if they come here first," I say. It wouldn't be out of the way that they're doing this to come after the Cullens so who's to say they won't be coming here soon.

"We will stop them before that happens," Carlisle promises.

"An army of vampires?" Bella asks. Ha, now I bet you had walked away when you had the chance.

"And they've been created to fight someone." Yeah, you guys.

"We're the only clan even close to Seattle." See, Edward gets it.

"Regardless of why they were made, if we don't put a stop to them, the Volturi will," Carlisle says seriously. Or I could just grab a couple friends and we could kill them all. If we can kill Titans I'm pretty sure we could handle an army of vampires. A little egotistical, but I have a lot of people that could help, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be able to get through our armour. "I'm surprised they let it go on this long."  I'm not, they probably didn't care too much and just want to let them kill the Cullens so they don't have to.

"Maybe they're behind it?" Edward offers. No, they would never expose themselves like this, they know that we would be forced to kill them. "In Italy. I read Aro's mind. He wants me and Alice to join him, but he knows we'll never choose him as long as our family's still alive." Jasper looks ready to kill at the mention of his girlfriend or wife, I'm not really sure what they are.

"An army could solve that for him."

I shake my head. "No, there's too many risk factors involved. If they were the ones doing this. This is just convenient for them so they aren't stepping in just yet. It has to be someone else."

~

When Bella and I get home Charlie is looking over Riley Biers' case. He knows that he's probably either dead or a vampire, but he won't stop looking until he knows for sure. "Hey, have you eaten dinner yet?" Bella asks him.