2. The Wedding

After getting our hair and makeup done, Nyssa and I both take our dresses down. Nyssa still had her orangish-red one while my black one was replaced with a light purple dress. It seems Alice wanted me to wear this one instead. I'm not going to fight her on this, she probably took my black dress to make sure I wore this one. It was actually really pretty, not something I would pick myself though. It was a light purple flowy dress with a gold belt around the waist.

Once all of us were ready we drove right behind Charlie on the way to the wedding. The other three headed with the rest of the guests while Charlie and I went up to where Bella was getting ready.

We stop to look at the wall of graduation caps they have on the wall. "Hey, so did you find our daughter?" Some woman asks Charlie. "Oh hi! I'm Renee, Bella's mom."

"I'm Natalia, one of her bridesmaids," I smile while shaking her hand politely.

"Are those graduation caps?" Charlie asks. Renee turns around and laughs.

"How creative," she comments.

"Or weird," Charlie says, giving me a look. I just shrug my shoulders.

"Alice, Bella?" Renee calls, looking for them.

"In here, mom." I follow Renee and find Alice doing Bella's makeup and Rosalie doing her hair.

"Oh my gosh, you're so beautiful!" Renee gushes. "Oh honey. Crap my mascara," she says rubbing her eyes.

"Mom!" Bella laughs. Alice pulls out a white cloth and hands it to Renee to wipe her eyes.

"Thanks. Charlie, get in here," she calls for her ex husband.

"You sure? I don't want to..." He walks into the room and smiles at his daughter. "I know. I look hot."

"We thought you needed something blue," Renee starts and Charlie opens the case he's been holding and inside is a hairpin with blue sapphires and diamonds on it.

"And something old. Besides your mother," Charlie comments.

"Nice," she retorts.

"It was Grandmother Swan's," Charlie tells her.

"But we added the sapphires," her mother tells her.

"It's beautiful, you guys. Wow. Thank you so much." She then hands it to Alice to put in her hair.

"It's your first family heirloom. Pass on to your daughter, and her daughter." I can tell Bella gets a little sad at the mention of her having kids, but doesn't say anything.

"Mom, I love it," Bella tells her, going in for a hug.

"Nope. No smudging my masterpiece," Alice tells her.

"She's right," Renee agrees.

"Thank you," she mutters again.

"Okay, now time for...the dress," Alice announces.

Bella's parents leave and it's now just us four in the room. "Okay, so your father's family is mostly Greek and there are many Greek traditions such as; breaking plates, blessing rings, the crowns, but I wanted to at least give you guys a little luck," I tell Bella. I grab my crossover purse and take a golden drachma out of it. "Put this in your shoe and it should give you good fortune," I tell her, handing the coin over. I also took out a sugar cube. "Normally, the bride would put one in her glove, but since you're not wearing gloves you can keep it somewhere else." I then pull out a second one. "This one is for Edward to ward off bad spirits. You want to have 3 good luck charms and an odd number of guests since odds can't be divided."