2. Break in

It's the middle of the night when I hear a wolf howl. Victoria's here. I grab my shoes and hurriedly make my way in the direction the howl came from. Soon, I'm running as fast as I can. I have two wolves next to me and I can smell death in the air. I see a flash of red hair in the trees and I shadow travel after her. She keeps jumping between trees trying to throw us off.

We get close to the river and she jumps over to the Cullen's territory where they are waiting for her. I run after her and use the trees as an advantage. I study her movements for a minute. She's running close to the border and sometimes crossing it on either side. She's looking for them to fight each other.

She jumps down from the tree across from me and I jump out of mine, landing on top of her. I transform my ring into my sword. Once I get off the ground I swing at her, she dodges it. She runs at me before flipping over landing behind me. I use my instincts and end up slashing her shoulder. We hear growling and while she's distracted by it, I use the time to sweep under her feet bringing her to the ground. I'm about to attack her again when a Cullen and a wolf show up. Emmett and Paul. They're both chasing her, she's still on the Cullen's side.

Suddenly, she switches to the Pack's side and I can hear Carlisle yell for Emmett to stop. I chase after her, but I see from the side Paul attacks Emmett as soon as he steps one foot over the line. Victoria makes it to the cliff and I take off my bracelet, changing it into my bow and arrow before shooting her in the shoulder before she dives.

I look back and see the wolves growling at the Cullens.  I'm so pissed, they really let her get away. I shake my head and make my way to Emily's house to wait for them.

I stomp into the kitchen where Emily is still baking something. "What's wrong, did you not catch her?" She asks.

"NO! Stupid Paul and Emmett had a fight, instead." I fume. She shakes her head with a sigh.

The rest of the pack slowly make their way into the house. "Ugh, I can't believe one of them had the nerve to come on our lands." This just makes my anger rise.

"WHAT WAS THAT!" I yell at Paul when he fully makes it into the house.

"What do you mean? It was his fault, he shouldn't have come on our lands!" He tells me. I throw my hands up. What the hell is wrong with this idiot?

"He was trying to catch the vampire we've been chasing for months if you didn't notice! The enemy of your enemy is your friend!" I yell at him getting closer to his face.

"Yeah, well except they were our enemies first." He rolls his eyes.

"THIS ISN'T JUST ABOUT YOU!" I yelled, all of them looked shocked. "This is about the missing people, about nobody else having to lose their family members, about protecting humans from her, but noooo you can only think of yourself!" I spit out.

He growls at me. "We're trying to keep them safe. You're just mad that you're too weak to get rid of her yourself." I scoff. I look at the others. They look very uncomfortable.

"Okay, maybe we should just calm down." Sam suggests.

"NO!" I snapped at Sam. "He can't get it through his head, that this isn't just an 'inconvenience' for him." I point at Paul. "There are other people this affects. You know I haven't been home in so long." I stress to him.

He scoffs. "If you want to go home so bad then leave."

"I can't!"

"Oh, please. Anyone here could drive you home, it's not that far." He looks at me like I'm dumb.

"You think Charlie's house is my home." I shake my head. "No, my home is in New York! With my friends, my sister, my twin brother, my boyfriend! The longer it takes to catch her, the longer it takes for me to get back to them!" I cry. This is just too much, I'm done. We could've finished this tonight, but no.