2. Nico Arrives in Forks

The next day Percy and I headed down to the reservation. I wanted to see them again and hopefully this time be able to talk to them. Leah told us they would be on the beach today so we decided to head there.

We see them playing soccer in the distance and they wave over to us. "Hey, it's good to see you," Sam greets and a bunch of the boys give me hugs and so does Leah. "Who is this?" He asks, pointing to Percy.

"This is my cousin Percy, he's a son of Poseidon," I introduce.

Percy puts his hand out to shake and Sam takes it, "You must be Sam, the Alpha."

"That's me," He nods. "That's Embry, Quil, Seth, Leah, Colin, Jared, Brady, and Paul. Plus their imprints, the little girl is Claire, Emily's niece and Quil's imprint," he says pointing to the little girl in Quill's lap. That's gotta suck not being able to age because your imprint is a toddler. With Jacob it's nothing because she's half-vampire and grows fast, but Quil won't age and can't date or love anyone else until Claire says that it's okay. "That's Kim, Jared's imprint, Rachel, Jacob's sister and Paul's imprint. Then that's Emily, my imprint."

My eyes widened when he said Rachel's name, "No way Paul finally imprinted?" I ask.

"I imprinted right after you left," Paul says. "I just never got the chance to tell you."

I look over at Percy and see him counting on his fingers and muttering. I hit his elbow lightly and he looks up, "Yeah, I'm never going to remember all of your names," he says, making Sam and Paul laugh. Percy goes and plays soccer with the other boys and I go sit by Leah.

"So, tell me more about the hunt," she says.

"Well, anyone can join that's not male," I start. "It's girls only, you can learn what I've already taught you and so much more. You'll have a second family, be immortal, and go on quests with the goddess Artemis."

"That sounds amazing, I wouldn't hear any pack members in my heads, I could still shift, no boys to worry about," she sighs, laying back into the sand. "Do you think I could join them?" She asks.

"You can after the battle," I tell her. "But you must be a hundred percent sure. You'll be leaving behind Seth and the rest of the pack. You'll never imprint and even if you do you can never be with them."

"This is what I want," she smiles. "And who knows, you said Thalia still sees her brother and they work together sometimes. Plus, Seth did imprint on that Hephaestus girl, Nyssa," She shrugs. I guess if this is really what she wants I'll talk to Thalia.

"How's that going by the way?" I ask her.

"Oh he's completely in love with her. It's kind of sickening how he'll do basically anything for her and she's across the country," she cringes, making me laugh. The soccer ball flew over, almost hitting the both of us in the face. "Hey, what the hell?"

"Sorry," Seth calls back. We both look at each other before grabbing the ball and running over to play with them. It's been a pretty good afternoon. While I hate this place and the vampires, I do like the wolves, but only just a little bit.

All of a sudden it gets really cold. It's not just the winter air though and we can all feel the wind pick up. "What the hell is that?" Embry asks, pointing to something behind us. We look behind and see a tornado of shadows surrounding something. All of the pack runs forward, trying to get a look at it.

Percy uncaps his sword, but we don't go towards it just yet. We stay near the imprints as they ask each other what's going on. Thing is I don't feel like it's here to hurt us. We hear a cry from inside and I recognize it. It's Nico.