6. Day Before the Fight

We're going to go choose where to have the fight. Edward offered to give Bella a ride and I'm just tagging along. Believe me neither of us want me to be here, but I am. On the way there they agreed that Edward wouldn't be fighting because they would both be worried which wouldn't be good for either party.

Honestly, it's probably the smartest thing I've actually seen them do. You can't be worried about someone else during battle unless they are there fighting with you. Bella can't protect herself and Edward would be constantly wondering if she's okay which would give the newborns an advantage since he is distracted.

We make it to the field where Jasper already is. Apparently, Jacob is coming too. I've done my best to avoid him or ignore him. "You're not fighting?" Jacob asks when he comes up. "What, did you pull a muscle or something?"

"He's doing it for me, okay?" Bella tells him.

"Whatever," he grumbles. "Just tell him the plan."

"This field will give us an advantage in battle. We need to lure the newborns with Bella's scent, but it needs to end here," he explains to Jacob.

"Edward and I are going to a campsite," she tells him. "Even if he carries me, they'll still pick up on our scents."

"Even if they can't smell her. They'll assume wherever he is, she is," I say. He looks over at me for the first time, but doesn't say anything.

"Your stench, however, is revolting," Edward says, gaining his attention back on him.

"Dude, you really don't wanna start comparing stinks." I hate both of you, you both smell and I want to leave.

"What he means is that your scent will mask mine if you carry me," Bella tells him, trying to stop a fight from occurring.

"Done."

"This is not a good idea," Edward speaks up.

"Edward, they won't want to get anywhere near his odor," his brother reasons with him.

"Okay. Let's just try it," Bella says, walking up to Jacob.

He picks her up bridal style, "Eau de wolf coming up."

"Run," Edward orders. Jacob runs off into the woods with Bella still in his arms. Jasper runs after them and leaves Edward and I alone for a few minutes.

I can see on Edward's face how worried he is. I may not like him, but I can tell he actually cares for her. "All I picked up was wolf stench, no Bella, " Jasper announces coming back to us. He see the look on Edward's face "This will work."

"Great."

Damn thought he would be a little more grateful.

~

Bella and I drive back to Charlie's house and see Alice leaving. "Okay, Alice, don't be a stranger," Charlie calls, going back inside the house.

"Your alibis for the battle are all arranged," Alice tells both of us.

"Really?" Bella asks, shocked.

"I told your father that our whole family's going camping this weekend, so you both and I are having a sleepover at my house. Charlie's going fishing, anyway," the short pixie girl finishes saying. I made sure he was going fishing so he would be away from the fight.

"Charlie? You guys are on a first name basis now?"

"Me, he likes," Alice smirks. "Actually, you and Edward will have the house to yourself tonight."

"Like alone?" She asked. What do you think house to yourself means?

"We're all going hunting. Powering up for the battle. The only person who might be there is Natalia."