03 | 𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐔𝐑𝐄

Comenzar desde el principio

"You don't have to say that Carson—"

"I'm not just saying it." Carson gave her hand a squeeze and she looked up at him. "We aren't just co-workers Natasha, we're family, alright? Ever since I stepped through those tower doors when I was fourteen, we became a family. You became my family. And that will never change, ever."

Natasha smiled and pulled him into a hug, tightly wrapping her arms around his neck. Carson let out a breath of relief and wrapped his arms around her too.

"I think that was enough to make up for it." Natasha said, her voice coming out a little muffled as she stuffed her face in the crook of his neck.

Steve entered the room and stopped in to doorway, a small smile forming on his face as he watched the interaction. Carson and Natasha pulled away from their embrace and looked over at him.

"I'm sorry for interrupting." Steve apologized. "But we're about to fly down."

They pair both gave him a nod in response and Steve flashed them a quick smile before leaving the room and returning back to his seat.

Carson inhaled sharply and started to straighten up his clothes, tucking in the chain with Wanda's ring on into his top. Natasha noticed how his demeanour seemed to deflate a little and frowned slightly.

"This is going to work, Carson." She told him. "You'll get her back."

He sighed and placed his hand on Natasha's shoulder. The blonde smiled at the contact and moved her head down to his hand, resting her chin against it.

 The blonde smiled at the contact and moved her head down to his hand, resting her chin against it

"I really hope that's true." Carson said quietly as he looked down at Natasha. "Because I don't know what I'm gonna do if I don't."

Carson gave her shoulder squeeze before moving back into the main part of the space-ship. Natasha let out a small sigh and followed behind him.

Carol flew back towards the ship and stopped in front of the window, looking at around at them all as she hovered.

"So, what have you got for us?" Rocket asked.

"No satellites. No ships. No armies. No ground defences of any kind." Carol told them. "It's just him."

Carson nodded and sat back down in his seat. "And that's enough."

~~ ᗢ ~~

Thanos hobbled over to one of the tables that was in his hut. He picked up some spices between his fingers and sprinkled them into his cooking pot before taking it over to the fire that was in the middle of the room, carrying it with his good arm.