Prologue

(After prom)

"I cannot believe that I am here." Shadow groaned as confetti was shot over his head. 

"Me neither hahah." Sonic nudges him.

"We're glad you made it though, Shadow. It's not the same without you."  Silver smiles. " Anyways, I'm gonna go catch up with Tikal." Silver waved off as he left leaving Shadow and Sonic.

The music was loud and lively as teens danced, jumped, and yelled frequently throughout the house. Yes. The group decided to all go to the prom after party. Shadow had already announced to everyone to not talk or congratulate him for being prom king. He didn't want to hear it. He didn't even want to be Prom King in the first place.

Shadow sighed deeply. " It's only for Blaze. It's only for Blaze." He said to himself. "I hate this."

Sonic thought about what Shadow had said and frowned. "So you and Blaze. Are you two like....official?" He asks.

Shadow relaxed at the thought. "I...believe so? This is a bit odd."

Sonic noticed Shadow looking a bit lighter than usual as Blaze was brought up. If only Shadow could see what he looked like without her.
As Shadow looked off in his thoughts Sonic starred at the side of his head.
He's way much of a talker ever since Blaze moved in. It's like he always had a stick up his butt.

"Hahaha." Sonic started laughing.

"What are you laughing for?" Shadow glared.

"You weren't lying when  you said she changed you for the better... keep her happy will ya, bud?" He then took a drink of his soda..

"Of course, idiot. Asking me to do it because you couldn't do it yourself." Shadow snickered.

"What ya say faker? Wanna repeat yourself?" Sonic was surprised by his snicker, but didn't ignore his sly comment. He sat his hand on Shadows shoulder turning to him.

"Don't touch me." Shadow paused.

"Right. Got it" Sonic quickly took his hand away.

"Hi my dimensional twins." Perci appeared from behind the two. "Sick invite. Who's party is this?"

After seeing that Perci wasn't harmful Sonic and Silver thought it would be a great idea to invite Perci to the after party. Perci obviously couldn't say no.

"Glad you could make it Perc!" Sonic spun around.  "This is my bud Sally's place. " Sonic began to explain.

"PERCI!!"

All the boys  turned to the very loud and obvious voice of Blaze who threw herself into her old friend Perci.

  He caught her of course "Flame? You cool?" He asked.
Shadow and Sonic looked at her oddly as she seemed more excited than usual.

"What brings you here Perci?!" Blaze hugged him.

"Oh well Sonic and Silver invited me. Uh Blaze?" Perci began to ask as he smelt her fruity breathe.

Sonic tapped on his chin "She's seems a bit.. tipsy. "

" Hehe my bad.."  Scourge appears from the crowd.