49

A/n: this chapter contains violence with teeth and claws. You have been warned. 

Hermione watched as everyone around her were being transform into werewolves. The Death Eaters tried in vain to fight against the werewolves but it was like hitting concrete. Without any trouble, the werewolves began to tear into the Death Eaters with their claws and teeth and sent the rest of them running for the hills when they saw they were being defeated. Voldemort stood in disbelief as he watched the werewolves killing his followers off by the hundreds or maybe in the thousands. He couldn't believe that the werewolves, who were supposed to be vulnerable during their time as a werewolves, were stronger and more vicious then ever. 

Voldemort began shooting curses at werewolves that came towards them, but mostly he could only drive them because. However, they would get up again and they would come at him faster and more determined. He suddenly came face to face with a larger wolf that had dark fur with a single streak of grey running down its back and another, slightly smaller but with thick black fur and and a single streak of red around the face. He knew these two were Scabior and Fenrir. They circled around him, growling their low growls as they prepared to pounce at him. He attempted to fling a protection around him but they had rushed too fast as Fenrir grabbed his arm with his wand and Scabior grabbed his leg. 

They began to pull and gnaw at the limbs before pulling him down on the ground. Voldemort then felt as other werewolves came running towards them and grabbing bits and pieces of him then tearing him to shreds and snapping his bones till finally one wolf had grabbed his beating heart with their teeth and tore it out. Once they knew he was dead, they proceeded to leave and head after other Death Eaters that still lurked around them. Except for Fenrir and Scabior, who made their way towards where Hermione and her Grandfather was. Lyle was still gasping as Hermione was weeping over him whispering about how he was going to be okay. When they approach, Lyle turned his head towards them. 

"Is he dead?" he asked. Fenrir nodded that he was. Lyle burst out laughing. 

"I told him I'll outlive him... even if it... is by... a few minutes," Lyle stated. Even though Hermione told him that he was going to make it, Fenrir and Scabior knew he wasn't. Lyle lightly cupped his hand on Hermione cheek. 

"It's okay, sweetie. You've gown up to be a fine, tough woman. You're going to make it. You're going to be a great Alpha for my pack," He assured her then turned towards them, "And you two... you both... will make perfect mates... for my Granddaughter... treat her well for me, please." 

Fenrir felt tears in his eyes as he watched Lyle's breathing slow down even more till his body turned completely stiff. Hermione burst out screaming and crying louder as she held him closer. Fenrir and Scabior lifted their heads and howled in proper respect for the fall of a pack member. Then the ringing of howls followed to show others respect for the dead. Fenrir and Scabior then lowered their heads as they moved to side on both sides of Hermione, laying their heads down on her lap. Hermione wiped her eyes with the back of her hand as she gazed down. 

"Why didn't I change?" she whispered. Fenrir looked up as he finally noticed that she was right. Hermione was still in her human form. His eyes widened along with Scabior before they slowly glanced down at her stomach... where one of their child was starting to be born.