16

Oh you have got to be kidding me, Fenrir thought as he pushed himself off the bed and over to get some clothes on. He feared this might happened. He silently feared Lyle might secretly have a scheme when he gave Fenrir that death threat. Once he was properly dressed, he slipped from his room as he headed to the front door. He didn't even get in arm's reach when the door flung opened and there Lyle stood glaring right at him. 

"You just wouldn't even let us have one day since we last saw you to pull that Protection Card up, could you?" Fenrir growled. Lyle shook his head. 

"I would have given you till the full moon. I truly did try to tell myself, my granddaughter Hermione can handle herself since she clearly has shown to me how well she can take care of pups, I'm of course implying to Ronald Weasley and Harry Potter, worthless boys I tell you,... until I got yet another word of yet another incident with Death Eaters yet again being in our woods." Lyle snapped at him, glaring right at him, shaking his head like the very mention of Harry and Ron's names were a curse. 

"And you don't believe that I can protect her?" Fenrir asked, taking offense at being treated like a pup. Any male, who had a mate, would take offense when someone is claiming they aren't capable with actually protecting their mate. 

"I believe you can protect your own hide. But I know that when that Dark Lord snaps his fingers, you'll be on your knees and just hand her over to be ripped to shreds." Lyle shot at him before barging in, "So my pack shall be moving in with your own." 

"Now hold up!" Fenrir growled while shutting the door behind him and storming in front of Lyle as he glared at him, "I can take care of Hermione. You don't need to be here watching over my and Scabior's shoulders. So you can just go back home and take your pack with you." 

"Oh, I must have forgotten to tell you. It's not just a matter of me protecting my Granddaughter, but the Alpha of All Alphas has sent word we must merge packs together. A minimum of two pack together to ensure that Death Eaters don't kill us. If you have anyone to blame, how about that bastard you serve? He's the one that caused this merge." Lyle confirmed while he roamed around the living room, "Now where's my granddaughter, I would like to give her a present." 

"She's asleep. We had a long night discussing about our future together." Fenrir told him. Lyle shook his head. 

"One where she says 'no thank you' and walks away from you two, trying to forget what you had done to her?" Lyle asked. Fenrir tried to hold his temper, but it was getting to the point where Fenrir just wanted to rip his throat out. Taking in a deep breath, Fenrir tried to change the subject. 

"What is it you wanted to give to Hermione?"  Fenrir asked, in a fake calm voice. Lyle snapped his fingers. The door busted opened, causing Fenrir to get in a defensive stance when a pair of Lyle's henchmen came in dragging someone in the house. 

"I found him on the banks of a stream. He probably was trying to outrun the Death Eaters and took a tumble into the stream. Lucky bastard was pushed to shore before he could drown." Lyle stated without even a hint of emotion. The henchmen dropped the boy against his floor before he began to cough up water. Slowly the boy lifted his head till he made eye contact with Fenrir. Fenrir's eyes widened as he couldn't believe who he was looking at. It was none other than Ron Weasley.