30

"Wait... you're... you're Voldemort's cousin?" Ron asked, staring in complete disbelief at Hermione after they had forced her to explain what the whole meeting was about. Fenrir and Scabior had wanted to know what was all the screaming about since they couldn't hear what Lyle was yelling about through the doors. They were all stunned. They just couldn't believe that Hermione had some tie with the Dark Lord himself. Hermione shrugged her shoulders. 

"Yeah... turns out, Lyle is his Uncle. Lyle was disowned by his family when he was bit by a werewolf. So he made a family of himself. He fell in love with my Grandma, who was a half-blood. However, grandma wanted her daughter, my mother, to live outside the pack life. It broke his heart but he understood why Grandma wanted it. My mom is actually a squib without and married my dad and they had me." Hermione explained all that she had learned from her Grandfather, who was somewhere else dealing with his own pack. He didn't want to deal with anyone at the moment since he was already furious after the meeting, probably because of how Voldemort had merely called him to tell him basically what he already knew. 

Hermione couldn't help herself as she felt a bit sad for the Dark Lord. Sure he did some nasty things but to stand there as Lyle berated him and calling him worthless. It was like Lyle had traded places with Voldemort and had treated him like Voldemort treated anyone who was a muggle-born just as she was. She felt a bit of regret of not doing anything to show him that she felt sorry for what Lyle had said. After all, it was a bit harsh. 

"I just can't believe it," Ron mumbled while brushing his hair to the side. Scabior chuckled while he sat down beside her. 

"I find it funny." Scabior stated while he laid his head against her lap. Ron glared at him. 

"What's so funny about this entire thing?" Ron asked, "She's the cousin of the Dark Lord! She's part of that horrible family of nutters!" 

Hermione glared at him. She did not enjoy the fact he was actually merging her with Voldemort's family. She might feel a bit bad for how her Grandfather talk down to him but she did not want to be compared to him or any other member of that part of the family. Come to think of it, the moment she told Ron what she found out, he started to look at her strangely. As if she had became a different person altogether. Scabior shook his head while he began to play with the end of her hair. 

"What I was saying is the fact, Voldemort has be cussing her out and saying how she needs to go because she's a muggle-born. Only we find out, she's not only his cousin and by what she tells us, she's a Half-Blood. And of course, he can't be against her since he's a Half-Blood himself." Scabior admitted, snickering a bit as he lightly sniffed her hair. Hermione shook her head. 

"No matter. I might be his cousin but that does not mean I'm anything like him." Hermione stated in a stern voice with her eyes glued on Ron. Before Ron could say a word, Fenrir raised his hand. 

"Let's change the subject," Fenrir barked, clearly not wanting to get any disputes tonight before he turned towards Hermione, "Hermione you are in need to see the Healer's tent." 

Hermione's head shot up as did Ron's when Fenrir had said that. She didn't know what she needed to go to the healer's for and was just about to ask when a loud knocking came through the air. 

"Who is it?" Fenrir called out. 

"It's me, Alpha, Levi." a man called out before opening the door. Everyone looked at Levi with curiousness as Fenrir stood up from his seat. 

"What is it?" he asked. 

"We found wizards. Three of them. Two young girls and an older man. The man claims he knows you somehow?" Levi claimed. For a moment, everyone was silent till Hermione's mind reminded of the only man she knew that knew Fenrir and was brave enough to seek his help. 

Professor Remus Lupin.