"I don't think this is the place to be having this discussion," I said, looking at Zander pleadingly.

I had only seen him a couple of times. One of those times, we managed to have a fun afternoon. I was hoping that for the sake of that day, he would agree with me.

"We can continue this outside, somewhere in the woods," Zander proposed, looking at Nixon defiantly.

"Are you sure that's what you want? Killing you today will save me the trouble of capturing you later," Nixon replied.

"I wouldn't get my hopes up, little prince. Now that your guards are not here to protect you, I can show you how a real Werewolf fights," Zander said.

Nixon growled at Zander. His words were getting to him. The last thing I wanted was a confrontation, especially one that involved Nixon.

"A Rogue is hardly a real Wolf," Nixon retorted.

Zander chuckled at his words, looking amused by something.

"Did you listen to that, Miranda? The little prince thinks you're hardly a real Wolf," Zander taunted.

Even though Nixon hadn't meant those words for me, his generalization did hurt.

Zander had been laughing, up until he caught sight of my expression. He almost looked sorry for his comment after that.

"I, I- this is all his fault," Zander said, nodding toward Nixon.

"We're leaving, and I don't want you to come after us," I said to Zander. I wanted for my voice to sound stronger, but Nixonís words were still running through my mind.

"I can't let you go with him, and you know that," he replied, taking a step toward me.

Nixon was about to step in and shove Zander away, but I stopped him.

"Don't. He'll let us go," I said, looking at Nixon.

"I'm not letting you go. When Craven finds out about this, he's gonna be angry," Zander said, finally looking serious.

"Then he won't find out. Either way, I'm still leaving with Nixon, and you're not going to stop me," I told him.

Zander looked like he was going to argue back, but one hard look from me and he stopped whatever he was about to say.

When I tried to get Nixon to move, he wouldn't budge.

"Let's go," I said, putting all the force I could muster in trying to get him to take a step towards the door of the café.

He reluctantly started walking, with his arm tightly wrapped around my waist. I could feel Zander's eyes on us. One wrong move and he would stop us from leaving.