"Can I stay here in the car? If I'm your prisoner, might as well and stay in the car and suffer the pain," she said, crossing her arms on her chest and pretending to get comfortable.

I narrowed my eyes, but didn't add anything else. She was being complicated. I shouldn't have expected anything less from a Rogue.

She was beautiful, strong willed, and intelligent- from what I could tell. It was important for a queen to have traits like those. Now the only thing we had to change was her attitude toward me.

Without asking her, I reached forward to carry her inside.

As soon as my arms wrapped on her back and under her legs, she yelped- probably from the surprise.

"What are you doing?" She questioned in a yell.

"Put me down! If you don't, I'll shift while you're carrying me!" She kept saying as I walked us inside. With her squirming in my arms, it was hard to keep a good pace.

Once we were inside the house, I dumped her on a couch in the living room. I didn't intend to drop her, but when I let go of her, she landed on the couch roughly and then somehow rebounded herself to the ground.

My Wolf quickly became aware that she fell to the ground because of me. I kneeled down next to her, ready to check if she was injured in any way. Just as I was about to touch her scraped knee, she slapped my hand away.

"Don't touch me!" She said, with a threat clear behind her words. Her dark hair had fallen on her face and I felt tempted to get it out of the way. It was strange how straight and black it was. I wanted to run my hands through it. I wanted to touch her, in some way- in any way.

"Are you okay?" I asked, still kneeling, but I had moved further back from her.

"Do I look okay?" She hissed. If I paid close attention to the wound, I could see it slowly healing itself. It was painful for my Wolf to watch her hurt, even if it was in a small way.

"Let's go to my room. I have a first aid kit there," I told her, getting up and offering my hand to help her up from the ground.

"Are you kidding? And give you a clear shot to rape me," she said, narrowing her eyes. I chuckled as she said that. The way Miranda said it, and how her eyes glinted when she did- it was not what I was used to from a girl.

"I would never rape anyone. There's no need for that. I can have anyone I want without taking advantage of them," I said, while smirking.

Miranda surprised me by whimpering. When she did, she moved her hands to cover her mouth. She was embarrassed for reacting that way. The rosy color in her cheeks made it obvious.

I regretted speaking those words to my mate. Now that I had her in front of me, I regretted ever being with any other girl.

"Right, because every girl is falling at your feet. It makes sense. Idiots follow idiocy," Miranda said, motioning at me.