But We're Best Friends- Rafe

Start from the beginning

"I promised Sarah I'd stay with her tonight." She lied.

Since she was 13, every time Octavia stayed at the Cameron's, which was almost every night, she always slept in Rafe's bed with him.
But after discovering her feelings for him and watching him get with other girls tonight she just couldn't be around him.
It hurt to much and honestly if nothing was going to happen between them she needed to move on- and unfortunately this was the first step.

"I'll talk to her I'm sure she'll be ok wit-"

"I'm staying in here tonight Rafe." Octavia cut him off firmly.
God she felt terrible...

Hurt and sadness washed over Rafe's face at Octavia's words.
"Um- ok then. I'll see you in the morning." He mumbled, walking out of the room.

Octavia ran her hands over her face and sniffled as she tried to hold back the tears.
She hated hurting Rafe's feelings but she couldn't let herself get hurt any longer with this unrequited love.

•••

"Just talk to him." Sarah encouraged

"I already know the answer- he clearly doesn't feel the same way about me." Octavia stated

"You don't know that for sure." Sarah shrugged

"Well what if he doesn't feel the same way- our whole friendship would be ruined. It's better if I just distance myself until my feelings for him leave."

"Well by the sounds of that plan you'll be distancing yourself for a while then." Sarah smirked

Octavia huffed and leant back in her chair.
"I hate this."

"Tell me about it."

"Octavia..?"

Octavia sat up in her chair with wide eyes, "uhh hey Rafe."

Rafe gave her a tight smile and scratched the back of his neck.
"Can we talk?"

Octavia bit her bottom lip and gave Sarah a worried look.

"I'll leave y'all to it." Sarah said, throwing Octavia a look of encouragement.

Rafe took Sarah's spot on her chair and turned to face Octavia.

"How come you've been avoiding me?" He asked

"Um- what? I-I haven't been avoiding you." Octavia awkwardly said

Rafe sighed, "O, you won't even be in the same room as me. You refused to interact with me at the party and you completely ditched our usual sleepover arrangements."

Octavia stared at her feet, shrugging her shoulders at Rafe's comment.

"Please tell me what's going on." Rafe pleaded

"Everything's fine I promise." She mumbled

"Octavia I refuse to throw away our friendship- so please tell me what's going on."

"That's the problem Rafe! If I tell you what's going on it'll ruin our friendship either way!" She snapped

Rafe rose an eyebrow in shock, "Nothing could ruin our friendship-"

"Yeah well this will! So please I-I just want to be left alone."

Octavia's harsh tone didn't affect Rafe, it only made him more concerned for his best friend. He refused to leave her side and began pressuring her for an answer.
"I deserve to know why you've been avoiding me like the fucking plague!"

"BECAUSE BEING AROUND YOU HURTS RAFE!" Octavia snapped

Rafe looked taken aback, his eyes wide in shock.
"W-what does that mean?"

"I love you- more than I should and you clearly don't want to be with me in the same way I want to be with you so please I just need space to- to get over you." She whispered

Rafe felt his heart hammer against his chest, never did he think Octavia would admit these feelings to him.
It's all he ever wanted to hear from her.
Before either of them could process what was happening Rafe grabbed onto her face and slammed their lips together, Octavia responding almost instantly.
Their lips moulded together perfectly in a passionate and needy kiss- both of them yearning for each other's touch.
Octavia moved her hands to the back of his neck as his travelled from her face down to her hips, pulling her closer to him.

Octavia pulled back for air, earning a whine from Rafe in return.
"Sorry I had to breath." Octavia giggled

Rafe smiled at her and tucked a piece of fallen hair behind her ear- admiring her features.

"Please don't try and get over me- especially when I'm so madly in love with you." He mumbled

Octavia sighed sweetly and shook her head, "Even if I tried hard enough I could never get over you."

"Well that's good to hear." Rafe chuckled
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope y'all enjoyed this imagine- I'll be posting a heap all at once soon so stay tuned for that ;)
I'm also starting to write a Teen Wolf book because I'm now completely and utterly obsessed with it once again😂
I'm thinking of a Scottxreader- or maybe Theoxreader I'm not too sure.

THANK YOU ALL FOR OVER 5K IM SO FREAKIN HAPPY!!!
🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍