My past.

Hundreds of mistakes accumulated because I was young and foolish. Jessica's disappearance was a pathetic excuse to escape my responsibilities.
What I regreted the most, not waiting for my mate.

'I told you!'

Dear roommate, only to scold we would get out.

'If you used your brain more often I wouldn't have to'

'So you decided to speak to me again.
Volker? Anyone in there!? Did my big doggy get distracted by its tail.'

The growl was enough to make my ear-drum bleed.

'What was that for?! If I die, I'm taking you with me to the cemetery! Damn it!'

'Be respectful human.'

'When was I not?!"

'When you traded our mate for that cheap skank.'

Here we go again.

'I know Volker, you told me already, everyone told me, I'm sincerely sorry.'

'An apology won't be enough.'

'Then tell me what shall I do, for you to speak to me again.

'Give me back my mate.'

That's almost an impossible request, at least for now.

'Volker, if you have an idea for that mission, I'll blindly follow you.'

'Go and get her, what's complicated in that.'

Why didn't I think of that. Who cares about what they say, I should simply follow my instinct and they are crying to be by her side. But if she reject me.

'She will. However, she won't reject me.'

'That's unfair.'

'What's unfair is that my humain is missing some grey matters, and now I'm separated from her!'

'Whatever, I'll get her and we're one person so it doesn't matter.'

'If I had my own body I'll reap you into tiny pieces for all the time you didn't listen to me.'

'That wasn't nice you ungrateful tenant.'

My head suddenly went silence.

'Volker?'

Damn it! How could he cut the mind link without saying goodnight. Anyway, I had nice chats with people I thought would resent me for a life time. I'm grateful to dad, to mom; always, and Volker. Because of them I was feeling a bit lighter with a clear mind.
Now, let's go to sleep, we had lot to prepare tomorrow.

...

The zip soundly closed my back pack, alongside the few early birds. For a first, I was up before they're annoying song. I was all ready, meeting with the glazed sunrise.
I took the flight tickets I printed and headed towards my beta's room.
No one's around, my steps sounded louder than usual.
Today, It seemed like it was made for me to appreciate the details of nature. Everything smelled freshness and peace and I felt like kid whose energy store couldn't run out. His room was here.

I mind linked him yesterday that this morning I'll come by, hopefully he was awake. Anyway, he never closed his door before.

He was very much awake, on my sister. Moaning shamelessly until they saw me. They tried to hide behind the sheets but it was too late. I came to apologise but I'll do it after I kill him.

I was about to pounce on him until Jess shouts stopped me from getting closer.

"What the f*ck are you doing in our room!?"

Since when did his room became hers.

" Jay what are you doing here?"

My eyes moved to Theo trying not to kill him everytime I see his naked torso.

"I told you I was coming by."

"At 6?"

He looked bewildered, losing his words.

"I told you in the morning. Anyway this, is for you two, ten days. Enjoy."

I deposed their tickets on the shelf near by and turned around to dart out.

"Is that all you came for?"

My beta knew and he was playing with me. I was on his order for today so I'll let go.

"I'm sorry."

Came out as a whisper.
I felt his lips curve behind my back and I mirrored his action proud of myself. I was out but Jess still had something to say.

"What's that weird bag for?"

I turned around to answer her but seeing her fight with the covers to mask her nakedness was infuriating. So I took the first clothes I saw on the ground and threw them at her.

"Put some f*cking clothes on!"

I left making myself the alarm of that level. I escaped, the scene and ran to my parents office.

They were waiting for me, sipping on their morning coffee. Their face muscle distorted weirdly at my sight.

"That bag?"

Mom spoke as if the bitter taste of her beverage was invading her ocular senses.

"Oh, I'm going to Ice Moon."

They looked surprised preparing themselves to shoot me with countless questions.

"That's why I asked you to be there, you two, will fulfil your role as alphas as I and the betas are away from the pack."

Dad's quiet demeanour broke to the news. And he asked:

"When?"

"Now."

...

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU THAT STILL READ THIS STORY!. I'm sincerely grateful!
Hopefully you had a nice year as it's coming to an end.
And happy 2022!!!
Love you all!!!