The Bath

Chapter 43

Asher

My phone starts ringing and it ruins the moment.

"Sorry guys." I pull away and look who's calling. My father. "I have to take this." My mood drops as I take a couple steps away from the group to answer.

"Yes?" I don't have time for his shit right now.

"Asher. Where are you?" Just the sound of his voice is irritating me.

"I'm at the fucking hospital. What do you want?"

"What is your plan for your assignment this week? The auction is Friday. I hope you have been preparing." Right Dad. In between trying to save my girlfriend and putting my best friend in the ground I actually have come up with a plan to kill someone who barely exists.

"Yeah. I'm ready."

"Good. Come home soon so we can go over your plan"

"No. I have to go, good bye."

"Ash-"

I cut the line before he can tell me otherwise. I am done with his shit. I don't care about the kill or the auction or anyone else but Vienna right now. I walk back over to the guys and I don't think my conversation was that quiet because they are giving me a knowing look.

"I don't want to talk to him." I say to no one in particular.

"Does he know what happened to her?" Tyler asks.

"Yes. We talked." I really don't want to talk about this right now.

The door opens and the girls shuffle out of the room. When I see Vienna exit the room my mood immediately lifts. Her bright golden eyes never lost their light even after everything she's been through. I could look at her all day if she'd let me.

"We are giving Vona some time to rest and will stop by again tomorrow to say goodbye." Vienna says walking over to my side.

"Okay, how about we go home and order in?" Tony suggests taking Nate's hand.

"Ours or yours?" Lillian asks. I guess I didn't even realize what Tony said. We don't live together yet we consider being together home.

"Let's do ours for tonight." Vienna suggests. My house is too empty right now to even think about having people over. Seeing the places Geo used to be.

We all head outside the hospital when our cars come to get us. I slide in the back next to Vienna and put my arm around her. She automatically puts her head on my shoulder and cuddles up next to me. My world. I have my whole world in my arms. It's just the two of us in this car, maybe this is my time to say it. I turn to Vienna and my mouth opens but nothing comes out. I face the front of the car again flustered before she notices. She gasps.

"The sky, there's so many stars!" She gushes as she looks up out the window. There will be a perfect time, I just have to wait. I sit back and watch as her face lights up as she watches the stars. I would do anything for her, anything to keep that smile on her face.

When we are back at the girl's house we order Chinese food and settle in on the couches in their living room. We threw on a movie, which was a ten minute debate of which movie we should watch, and cuddled up. The Tangled theme song is playing when I hear the doorbell ring. I offer to go and get the food so I grab my wallet as I make my way through the marble floor house.

When I open the door the food we ordered is left on the doorstep. In confusion, I look around and don't see a car in sight. When I pick up the bag of food I see there's a note on the ground.

My heart stops for a second.

He's dead. They said he ended it himself.

I pick up the note and quickly shut the door, not ready for any surprises.

"This isn't the end."

What does that even mean?!

We are all finally relaxing after a rough couple days. I don't want to stress Vienna out when I don't even know who the note is from. I stuff it in my pocket and walk back to the living room like nothing is wrong.

~~~~

Vienna

Once we finished the movie we all said our good nights and headed to bed. I should be pulling Asher into my room with barely enough time to get our clothes off. That's what I think normal couples would do when they don't see each other for a week and one of them almost dies.

What we actually do is go to the bathroom. Asher starts a bath and I sit on the counter as I watch him add bubbles, salt, and some essential oils to the running steaming water. He dims the lights and walks over to me. The lighting may be dark but I can never be blind to his green eyes. He stands between my legs and I hold his face in my hands. I run my hands up into his hair and we just stare at each other without a word.

Maybe this is the time. I should say it now.

His hands go around my waist and all thoughts leave my head when he touches me like that. He pulls me in close and when his lips meet mine all my worries melt away. Our kiss is slow and caring, remembering what the feeling is like. I wrap my arms around his neck and he pulls me off the counter, my legs automatically wrapping around his waist.

"If we keep going in this direction this is not going to be so wholesome." He mumbles onto my neck as he trails kisses down.

"Well, this bath looks so nice, why don't you join me?" I smirk at him as he lowers me to my feet in front of the tub.

"Don't have to tell me twice." Is his only response before our clothes are on the floor and we are arranging ourselves in the large clawfoot tub.

My bathroom is all white marble accented with lavender. A plush round rug rests in front of the tub, matching the hand towels folded resting on the counter of the white double sink counter. Paintings of lavender hang on the wall and there's little fake flower arrangements around the room. Obviously Lavender loves my bathroom, she always called it my personal shrine for her.

"So, I think we should go away somewhere. Just the two of us." Asher says as he rubs his hands up and down my arms.

"I like the idea of that." I rest my head back on his chest, watching as the water laps to the edge of the tub.

"We have the auction on Friday, so how about we fly somewhere tomorrow?" He suggests but I turn to look at him in confusion.

"Tomorrow? Where are we able to go at the last minute? Plus, I need to say bye to Vona."

"I already looked it up. We can get a flight for ten AM tomorrow to Marco Island. We'll stop by the hospital beforehand so you can say goodbye before she's off."

I think about it for a moment. I guess it would work, and we could use the break. I don't know how I am going to this auction without him knowing though. That will be a Thursday problem. I reach behind me and bring his face to mine.

"Okay. Let's do it. We deserve it." He kisses me with a smile on his lips.

I turn back around with my head on his chest, his arms around me, and I feel at peace. I could do this forever. I breathe in the scent of the soap and oils and I imagine the two of us walking down the beach hand in hand as the sun sets. I can imagine walking down the aisle in a white dress holding a bouquet of flowers, knowing the man I trust the most will be at the end waiting for me. I never would have thought I could be at this point in my life. I never would have thought I could find someone who makes me want to have this life. I am in no rush to tell Asher those important words. I love where we are, and I will love where we will be in the future.

We have all the time in the world. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What's your favorite disney movie? Mine is Tangled. 

I am going to try and post a chapter everyday. These two are short because the ending is chaotic and long. Computer is working but story is still lost :( 

thank you for all the support loves 

later babes xoxo