The Job

sorry this took so long babes, i basically changed the whole chapter today lmao. 

Chapter 32🔥🔥🔥🔥

Vienna

I put on some jean shorts and a tank, not really sure what our plan is for today, but I am starving so I want to get downstairs to eat. I throw my hair into a bun, not in the mood to tame it, and keep the key around my neck. I need to find a way to get back into that office. When I walked into the hallway I was not expecting Asher to be there. He's leaning against the wall, arms crossed. He's wearing a patterned white and navy short sleeve button down, with the top few buttons open revealing a silver chain, and black khaki shorts. The shirt is the total opposite of his usual wardrobe and it makes me smile.

"Well, who knew you owned a color that's not black." I walk over to him.

"I don't. Tony forced me against my will to wear this." He says with a tad annoyance and dry tone.

"Aw, didn't want to hurt your boyfriend's feelings?" I laugh and walk up to him putting my hand on his chest, his exposed skin warm under my touch. His hands go to my hips and spin me around so now I'm against the wall.

"I wanted to impress my girlfriend. I want you to be my girlfriend Vienna. So everyone knows. So every man knows not to mess with what's mine." My mind goes blank for a second. I didn't think Asher would have wanted to put a label on us. I then push at his shoulders and spin us again so now he's against the wall, and my hands are on his chest. I go up on my toes to speak in his ear.

"Or, so every woman knows not to mess with what's mine. Unless she wants a knife in her throat." I bite his earlobe and he chuckles deeply.

"Glad we are in agreement." Asher puts his hand on my back and leads me down the hallway to the elevator.

~~~

I spot our friends sitting in the corner of the lobby spread out on multiple tables. Asher kept his hand on my back the whole way here. Public affection from him is something I will need to get used to. Tony sees us first and whistles.

"Well, if it isn't the love birds finally coming down from the nest." He calls.

"Glad you decided to join us." Kai adds.

We both stop in front of the group of tables. One look at Lavender and she smirks.

"They fucked." She says simply.

Everyone starts taking out wallets and exchanging cash. Throwing bills across the table, mini arguments break out.

"You owe me five more dollars bitch." Lillian says to Anna.

"What? No. I said before the flight home for twenty, you said before next week for thirty." Anna protests.

"I don't owe you anything, they fucked last night. You bet the night before. Suck it up." Kai crosses his arms at Geo.

"Fuck off, that's close enough. Pay up, you said three nights from now."

I look over at Asher and he just rolls his eyes at this interaction. He pulls a chair out to sit down and then pulls me onto his lap. I try not to look startled yet again by the public affection, but when an Italian man walks by our group Asher is already throwing him a death stare. I punch him in the arm.

"If you are going to act like a caveman protector from now on then I am leaving you in the room."

He puts his hand around my throat and pulls my face to his for a passionate kiss. "If you are going to go out looking hot as fuck I need to be able to scare off the dogs." He mumbles against my lips.