The Kiss

Chapter 16

Vienna

I feel Rider stiffen under my arm, so I turn towards him and see his blue eyes narrow at something. So I follow his gaze.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Asher is walking towards us with the other Serpents and my mouth goes dry. His hair is the normal sexy messy wavy look, black sleek shoes, black slacks, and... a dark emerald green dress shirt. His eyes have never looked more green. The first four buttons of his shirt are undone, sleeves rolled up, tats showing, and the shirt fits so well I can see the outline of every muscle. He's wearing a gold chain that I suddenly want hanging in my face. Flashes of what he said to me last night fly through my head and I can feel myself getting turned on from the thought.

I swallow hard. Remembering Rider is with me, I turn back to him and give him a tight smile. Anna pushes past to go hug and kiss Tyler, Geo is still trying to pick his jaw off the floor as he gawks at Lavender, and Lillian already has her arm around Kai. I turn back to Asher who is now a couple feet away from me with his arms crossed.

"Asher." I nod my head at him while tightening my hold on Rider's arm.

"Vienna. And Ryland, nice to see you again." Asher's lips tip up slightly as he looks at Rider, he knows that's not his name.

"Likewise, and it's Rider." Ridder's voice sounds anything but friendly.

"Sure." Asher looks him up and down once before turning to Tony and punching his arm, "Let's get fucked up." They turn and start walking towards the bar. Rider releases a breath I didn't know he was holding.

"I don't like that guy." He leans in to say to me over the music.

"Yeah." I just give him another tight smile and start to pull him towards the bar. I need about five drinks and I just got here.

I make my way to the bar and order a drink, the others meet up with us and follow suit.

"We have a section up on the second level already, I'll show you the way." Geo says to the group.

"I am going to wait for Nate, you guys go ahead I'll meet you." Tony says, giving us a wave and walking back to the entrance.

"I am going to find a hookup for the night. See ya later." Vona throws me a wink and dips into the crowd. I'll make sure to check on her later.

Rider grabs our drinks and follows Geo up the stairs to the lounge area they reserved. Everyone sits and gets comfortable with their partners. Rider sits in the chair so I go over and sit on his lap. He has his drink in one hand, one arm wrapped around my waist with his other hand resting on my ass, and he looks satisfied with this arrangement. I am perfectly fine with it, until Asher takes the seat directly across from where I am. I meet his eyes and he gives me a small smirk. There's mischief in his gaze. I start to feel nerves with that look pinned on me so I shift slightly in Rider's lap and his hand tightens on my ass. I turn to him and clink my glass with his before taking a drink. And then another, and then I put the empty glass down on the glass table in front of me.

I look up back at Asher and he's looking at me over the rim of his glass. I can't get over how good he looks in dark green. He only ever wears black, I don't know what made him decide to change it up but I am not complaining. I can hate him and still think he looks hot as fuck right now.

"So, we're still good to go shopping together tomorrow right?" Lavender says to the group.

"Definitely." Kai responds, snaking his arm behind Lillian's head on the couch they are sitting on. Smooth.