15 years later

Chapter 1

Vienna

"Ah, fuck

"Ah, fuck. That hurt."

I drop the curling iron and shake my hand out as if that'll make the burn go away.

"Oh my god just let me do it."

Lavender walks over to me sitting in front of a mirror and continues curling my hair. We have a black tie charity event tonight, and my newest target will be there. I have been on a role recently, 20 targets in the past six months. Of course, I can't brag to anyone else. The Shadows are the only ones who know it's me doing the artful killing.

Whatever, I'll live. I will get enough attention as Vienna Moon tonight, as per usual.

30 minutes later, hair is done, makeup is on, and we are ready to go. The girls and I did not come to play tonight. We are all wearing beautiful variations of black dresses. I, of course, went for a simple high slit dress to show off my newest dagger. My hair is in a curly half up half down, red garter visible holding my all black dagger to my thigh, and matching red lipstick to pull it all together.

Miss Reyes walks into our dressing room, also known as the hotel suit we are staying in for the night. She is wearing a floor length, long sleeve, black shimmering gown, hair up in a neat updo, with a bold eye. At first glance, you could tell she's someone important, not the leader of the most deadly assassins.

"You all look stunning my dears, it's time to go. The limo is here."

We make our way to the estate where the event is being held. The limo pulls into the grand crescent shaped driveway, along with other cars and limos. We make our way to the front doors, everyone stopping to glance our way as we walk through.

I am used to the attention, not only because of my status, but I always know how to look hot and act like I know it.

In the grand front entryway, there are terrace doors that open into a massive patio expanding to the backyard. To the left are open double doors leading into the event room, and to the right are the closed doors to the grand ballroom, to the side are stairs that lead upstairs to more rooms.

The front entryway is packed with wealthy people, most faces I recognize, some I don't. I see Lavender make her way to the seating chart, catching everyone's eye as she usually does.

Not even a minute later.

"Why is she taking so long, all we need is a table number." Vona sighs and starts towards Lavender.

"Well, someone needs some food." Lillian says.

"She lost one of her stars today and has been in a bitchy mood since." Anna rolls her eyes and walks towards the seating chart also.

A waiter walks by holding a tray full with glasses of champagne.

"Thank you" I drag out the word as I take two glasses.