The Ball pt.1

Chapter 20

Asher

The wind was warm as it blew my hair left and right, and the sand was so soft my feet sank in as we walked down the shore line with the water hitting our ankles. The sky shifts from orange to pink to purple. It could be a watercolor painting. I look at Vienna as she walks next to me. Her curly hair is tamed in a mass on top of her head, there's a light sunburn to her cheeks that make her look like she's blushing, and her eyes. Her eyes are glowing gold as the sun sets. Fuck the sunset, she is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I stop and turn to her.

"I am so glad you have finally forgiven me for what my father did fifteen years ago." I step so close we are chest to chest. She tilts her head to the left.

"In your dreams." She says sweetly. I blink.

"What?"

"You're dreaming."

I jolt awake. I look around disoriented and put my head in my hands rubbing my eyes. Did I just dream about Vienna fucking Moon. What the fuck is wrong with me? I swing my legs over the bed and sit there wondering when the fuck I became such a pussy. Geo interrupts my self scolding by just breezing through my door, laying down on my bed with his hands over his face, and dramatically sighing.

"I'm fucking whipped." He mumbles through his hands. I turn my head to look at him.

"Yeah, everyone knows that."

"I want her, and I know she wants me," I wonder what that's like, "yet she doesn't give me the signals she wants commitment. What the fuck do I do?"

"Have you tried talking to her? Though it requires you to keep your dick in your pants." I turn around and lean against the headboard.

"Oh yeah? Want to play that game? How about you talk to Vienna about the fact you want to fuck her into next Tuesday."

"I do not want to fuck Vienna, man." I don't think even my self conscience even believes that. Geo barks out a laugh.

"Okay, sure. You keep telling yourself that. Maybe if you light a candle and say it five times in a mirror it'll become true." Tony says from the doorway. I didn't even see the fucker walk in.

"Fuck you guys." I roll my eyes and get up to retreat to the bathroom.

"Come on you lazy fucks, we have to be down there in ten!" Kai yells from the hallway. Geo makes his way to the door and I hear him say lowly to Tony before I get into the bathroom,

"He's possibly more pussy whipped than me."

~~~

Sweat is dripping down my forehead causing my eyes to sting, but I keep my hands in position to block Kai's assault. I have been distracted all morning thinking about my plan for the ball tonight, so I didn't register when Kai went to fake step to the left and I fell for it. He didn't waste a second before throwing a right hook, snapping my head to the side.

"Fuck." I step back and cradle my face.

"What is up with you, that was beginner's shit I just pulled on you." He huffs catching his breath. We are down two levels below the trainees side of the estate and have been sparring for thirty minutes. Tyler and Geo are working on hand to hand combat with knives with the younger age group. Tony is pumping Iron with the guys our age. I see Kyle try to rep 250 and fail. Ha, fucker. I turn my attention back to Kai.

"Nothing, but can you try not to break my face asshole. We have to go out tonight."

He snorts. "Special someone you're trying to impress?"