The Player

Chapter 4 

Vienna

I start towards Asher, stopping a foot away.

"What are you doing back here, did you follow us?" I say annoyed.

"Did you fuck him?" He says curiously, green eyes burning into me. 

"Jealous?" I spit back, crossing my arms over my chest.

He moved quicker than I could register, I was too focused on the way he was looking at me. He grabs my arms, spinning me around slamming me to the wall he was leaning on. My breath hitches in surprise. He presses his body against mine, both hands on either side of my head, and he leans his head down close to my ear.

"Now, why would I be jealous Vienna." His voice is deep and quiet, it stirs something in me. My back unconsciously arches to the sound of his voice. He retreats enough to look me in the eyes, they flicker to my lips for a moment before he answers,

"Interesting." He pushes off the wall, making his way towards the exit.

I let out a breath. What the fuck is wrong with me? I am definitely still coming down from my high with Rider. No way, would Asher Coleman affect me like that on his own. I push off the wall, finding my knees to wobble slightly, and I curse myself. I need to get a grip. I am NOT attracted to Asher fucking Coleman. 

I walk out into the event room, everyone has moved from their seats to the dance floor. This may be a formal event filled with millionaires, but that doesn't stop the dance floor from getting hot. The music went from fast and frenzied, to slow and sensual. I spot Vona dancing with a brunette in a floor length, tight, red dress. Lavender and Lillian are in what could practically be considered a foursome with the way they are dancing with two men. Anna is still sitting at the table with Tyler, but now in the seat next to him, laughing at god knows what. I shake my head, she will never learn.

My attention switches to Rider. I see him talking with his father, my target. I get close with Rider, I get easy access to his house, and I'll make my kill this week. I continue sweeping the room and my gaze lands on Asher. He is sitting on a couch in one of the seating areas to the side of the massive room. There are two girls on his either side, clinging to him like they wouldn't mind him to fuck them right there in the open. Geo is sitting in a chair next to the couch, girl in his lap, what looks like a cigar in his lips. Toni is standing to the side talking to some guy, I can see the tension between them from here. Kai is also standing against the wall, throwing daggers at Lillian as he watches her grind on a guy.

I decide to make my way over to Rider. May as well introduce myself to his father. I come up from behind Rider and put my hand on his arm, leaning in a bit.

"There you are, I was wondering where you ran off to." I say sweetly to him. He turns to me and smiles, shifting his arm to rest his hand on my lower back.

"Father, this is Vienna Moon, though you probably already know that." He chuckles lightly. His father nods his head at me.

"That I do, nice to meet you Vienna. I didn't know you and my son were so close." He responds, slight confusion behind his words.

I responded before Rider, "We've known of each other for a while, but recently became... friends." I look up at Rider and smile.

"Yes, we find we have a lot in common." He smiles back at me.

"Well, I'll leave you two to it. I'm going to find your uncle, see you at home son." His father clapped his shoulder as he walked away.

I turn to face Rider now, "We have a lot in common huh?" I say with a mischievous smile. He places his hands on my waist.

"Yes. You like to fuck, and I like to hear you moan my name. Goes hand in hand don't you think?" He says deeply with a smirk. My core goes molten again, my mouth drops open in slight surprise.

"Where have you been hiding Rider Hades." I say tangling my fingers in his hair.

Before he gets to respond, someone clears their throat. I whip my head in that direction and find Lavender there, holding in a laugh.

"I hate to break up the party, but we need you V." She says nodding in the direction to the table. The other Shadows are sitting now.

"See you around Rider." I wink at him and pull away.

"I'm sure I will Vienna." His smiles back and watches me turn.

Lavender hooks her arm through mine and gives me a shove. Her eyebrows move up and down with a smirk on her face.

"Had some fun tonight V?"

"Shut up." I roll my eyes trying to hold in my smile.

We make our way over to our table. Tyler left and Anna is now sitting in his seat, Vona and Lillian next to her. I take a seat across from them, Lavender next to me. Once I'm settled I look at them all.

"Well, what's the big 'I need you now, get dick later' situation" I say, waiting.

"We got a tip from someone that there's going to be an assassination tonight. One of the drug lords here got played, someone didn't pay their money back." Anna says.

"Okay, and what does that have to do with us?" I say confused.

"It's your boy toy, Rider." Vona says flatly. I look at her in surprise.

"Seriously?!" I exclaim. "I need him alive, otherwise getting to his father will be more difficult than it needs to be." I turn around to look for where I left Rider.

"We know, so Miss Reyes wants us to find who is behind the kill and take them out first." Lillian says. I smile and turn to Lavender.

"Give me the details." She flicks her hair behind her shoulder and begins.

"His name is Jake Reynolds, 45, hired for 500k to take out Rider. Whoever hired him plans to blackmail Mr. Hades to pay off Rider's debt in triple." She says smoothly.

"Do we know who hired him?" I ask.

"That's where our fun comes in." Vona says. "We find Jake, bring him to the private rooms, and you know... have a nice chat." playing with one of her shuriken.

"I like the sound of that." I reply with a smirk.

"I already spotted Jake. He's standing near The Serpents, looks like he's trying to have backup to blend into when he goes for the kill." Anna says.

"Okay ladies, let's do what we do best." I say standing up and smoothing out my dress. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this chapter is short so whoever doesn't want to read the violence in the next scene can skip. 

hmm what do The Shadows to best? I guess we'll find out.  

Shout out to my first two followers, y'all are the real ones hyping me up on my tik tok. 

later babes xo