The Assignment

Chapter 7

Vienna

When I woke up this morning I had the best kind of slight soreness between my legs. The hot shower helped... except for the part where I started thinking about what I did with Rider, imagining it was all happening again. But, instead of blue eyes looking up at me between my thighs they were green. I shook my head, getting the image out of my head and got out of the shower.

Asher's visit last night is something I tried to forget. Why does the person I hate the most know where I live? So, that's exactly what I decided to bring up to Anna at breakfast.

Vona is making some scrambled mess in a pan at the stove, Lillian is cutting up fruit at the counter, and Anna and Lavender are already eating the variation of the two sitting on the stools next to the massive white marble island. Rider's kitchen was all black, our kitchen couldn't be anymore opposite. White marble, light grey wood cabinets, and light blue accents decorated throughout the kitchen.

I walk in and they all turn to me, take one look and all have the same face.

"Well, someone had a good night." Vona says, turning back to the stove.

"Yeah, how was the dinner Vienna?" Lillian says, trying to hide her smile. I give them what they want and smile.

"Great, Rider is very good at cooking." I turn to Anna and Lavender as I sit on one of the empty stools.

"What I do remember about the end of my wonderful night though is seeing Asher fucking Coleman at my door." I state flatly to Anna. She blushes slighting looking down at her fruit.

"Tyler had a couple drinks so I didn't want him to drive home.' She responds.

"Hmmm so now my enemy knows the exact location of where to be a thorn in my ass." I raise my eyebrows at her.

"They already knew Vienna. Miss Reyes is the one who told me they moved in down the street." She shoots back at me. Lillian drops the knife she was holding, Vona curses Anna under her breath, and Lavender sighs.

"What!!??" I exclaim, shocked. I can feel the anger rising.

"Good job, dumbass." Lavender rolls her eyes. They all knew?!

"What do you mean 'down the street'" I press further. Anna cringes.

"Okay, I didn't mean for that to come out." She sighs, "Last night Miss Reyes had a meeting with us, while you were at Rider's, and told us where The Serpents moved in."

"What the fuck." I stand up to start for Miss Reyes' office.

"V, wait." Lavender gets a hold of my arm, turning me to face her.

"It's not that bad, okay? You don't need to see him. They don't live that close." She attempts to calm me.

"Oh yes, I won't see him except for when one of my friends needs some dick and he comes to pick up the after party." I glare at Anna over Lavender's shoulder.

"I'll tell Tyler to call someone else next time." Anna tries to help.

"The fact you are even fucking with someone associated with the man who caused the death of my parents is bad enough Anna. I thought we all learned our lesson with Lillian, but I guess not." I storm out of the kitchen. I know it's not fair to put that guilt on her, but I don't care at the moment.

I can hear Lavender following behind me. She follows me across the house, all the way to the east wing where Miss Reyes' office is. I stop in front of the large wooden door and knock twice.