The Meeting

Chapter 10

Vienna

This meeting has been looming over me all day. I thought I would have more time before we started working on this mafia lord. I decided to push my plans forward to see Rider tomorrow and I'll finish the job.

Asher's words had me up late last night. Was he implying he wants to be friends? His father is the reason I have to visit my parents in a cemetery, and he wants to be friends? Never. That asshole can drive me home but I'll never stoop to the level of trusting him as a friend.

It's eleven am when I start getting ready for this meeting at twelve. I went with a simple all black look and strapped my black dagger to my thigh, my usual work attire. I hear a knock on my door and before I can say anything Lavender strolls in wearing a similar outfit to mine. I turn to face her.

"Where did you go last night?" I quirk one eyebrow up at her.

"Lillian and I took two guys home from the club. We had a fun night." she winks at me, "Where did you go last night? I heard from Geo you left with Asher?!"

"Yeah, after all you bitches left me to get some dick, I had to go home with Asher." I cross my arms.

"Um, actually I don't get dick so... " Vona says walking through the door, obviously over hearing this conversation.

Lavender waves a hand at Vona, "What happened in the car ride home?" she asks as if I fucked the dude.

"Nothing. He drove me home and that was it."

"Oh, don't worry V got some last night, but it wasn't from Asher." Anna says walking in with Lillian in tow. No, please, come on in.

"And how would you know that?" I turn to her.

"I was at the Serpents' and I saw Asher ordering Kyle around. Tyler said Asher was in a bad mood when he got home and has been giving Kyle shitty work all night. I put two and two together."

"Oh yeah, did Tyler tell you that before, during, or after you fucked him on our couch?" Lillian says with amusement.

"Shut up." Anna rolls her eyes.

"I feel bad for this Kyle guy now that he had to deal with Asher." Lavender laughs.

"Kyle is the guy I danced on and fucked last night." I state as casually as I can. It has no correlation to whatever stick was up Asher's ass last night. The look they all gave me said they think otherwise.

"Uh, huh. Interesting." Vona says, smirking down as her nails she's picking.

"He has a temper, it has nothing to do with me." I say in defense to no one in particular.

"Sure." Lavender just shakes her head at me.

"It's almost time to go. Where are all of you?" Miss Reyes speaks through the intercom. There's a speaker in almost every room throughout the house. I walk over to it and press a button to respond that we are coming down.

"Whatever, think what you guys want. Let's go."

On the quick drive over to the Serpents' mansion, I texted Rider saying I need to leave by a certain time tomorrow night. I want to get his father at night, but being in the house with Rider will make things more difficult. It would be easier if he thought I left.

We pulled up in the driveway and a sudden wave of nausea came over me. Even the thought of being in the house of the man who killed my family just makes me angry. This better be a quick meeting.