Gone

Chapter 47

Gloria

The train ride rocks me so gently as if I were a sweet babe in this carriage. The train is a sweet meditation, feeling the English countryside pass as one masterpiece of art. Aiden and I have been traveling non-stop to get to Cairo. From this train we would have to take another four and then walk God knows how far to whatever library we were going to.

I carriage was of the utmost comfort with plush red seats brown rich wood as trimming, climate controls And even tablets for our individual entertainment. All we had to do was press a button and one of the stewardess would bring us whatever we needed. I could definitely get used to traveling like this. Sure as hell beats a horse and buggy.

As I stared out the window Aiden laid on his back on his half of the carriage. His arm was over his eyes and his breathing was labored. We didn't have much to talk about so I tried to ignore his discomfort but it was becoming harder to do.

"Are you okay?"

"Perfect",Aiden said through gridded teeth.

"You know if it's the sunlight we can draw the curtains---"

"It's not about the sunlight", he snapped with labored breath.

Okay, then.

I went back to staring out the window And as soon as I blocked out Aiden's wheezes for breaths a moan ripped through his lips,"clearly something is wrong. Maybe if you weren't such an ass about it I could help you?"

"Something... something is wrong", He said as he removed his arm from his eyes. I tried to hide my shock but I couldn't help but stare into black and eyes with a ring of blood red. He had angry ash colored veins protruding all over his pale face. His fangs were bared ready to attack.

I knew he could hear my heartbeat. And I desperately wanted to stay calm, but there was no denying it I was sitting across from the monster I had been warned about my entire life. My body stiffened as I tried to slowly position myself closer to the door.

"Tell how I can help?"

"Don't...r..un", He struggled to demand.

"You look like you're ready to rip my throat out. It's kind of hard not to want to run".

"Ha..ley...".

"What's wrong with Haley?" I said abandoning my fears of Aiden. He grabbed my wrist with enough force to break it. His nails had grown to the point of being claws. "Please let me go---"

I felt the wind being knocked out of my lungs as every atom and my body was being broken down. The shockwave that went to my body only lasted for a second in the time it took me to blink I went from being in the train cart to...home.

I looked over to Aiden who was crawling towards the house. I tried to move my legs but they felt weaken. A piercing scream cut through the twilight sky revitalize me with fear. There was no doubt in my mind it wasn't Amy. I rushed into the house not sure what was happening. Amy was screaming on the kitchen table being held down Marc, Jackson and Samuel. A woman with long black hair was operating on Amy with the help of Laura handing her tools And holding a clear IV bag up. My mother gently tried to encourage Amy to breathe wiping her brow full of sweat.

She was in the middle of labor.

The baby was coming!

And just to my right Haley lay pale riddled with gunshot wounds profusely bleeding as My mother tried to alterate between Amy and Haley. I felt a panic wanting to take over my body but I quickly stamped it out,"Mom! How can I help?"